The Kingkiller Chronicle TV Series - (Showtime/Fantasy Book)

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The book sucks, Showtime shows are garbage and the showrunner for this wrote the 2004 version of Catwoman. This will bomb, if it ever even gets made.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The book sucks, Showtime shows are garbage and the showrunner for this wrote the 2004 version of Catwoman. This will bomb, if it ever even gets made.

:lupe: Word? I keep getting recommendations for the series for liking ASOIAF/GOT. I've been stalling on reading the reading the series because I don't really like reading first person narratives for fiction, and the idea that the main character is telling his own story to someone else makes it sounds more ass to me.

Would have settle for the show but that Catwoman bit has me worried lol

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
The trilogy is overated. Dude hasnt even dropped the third book and its been years. Show will not be a GOT level hit.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
As to these books, I enjoyed the first one a lot more than the second. The second spent damn near 200 pages in an imaginary fairy fukk land.

I generally like Kvothe though. I like the idea about having a bit of an untrustworthy narrator. Read the first book, at least. It's very good. When it comes to fantasy, I fall in love with a world that has a fully fleshed out magic system, and that's what we have here. Everything makes sense and balances each other out. Good stuff

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Wow I am a clown. Sorry for negging you brehs. I thought we were talking about a series for The Stormlight Archive.

:dead:

MY BAD YALL
I've had the first book since Dec but haven't started yet. Currently reading the Gentleman's b*stards. I get jelly of sanderson stans because he at least releases books :francis:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
As to these books, I enjoyed the first one a lot more than the second. The second spent damn near 200 pages in an imaginary fairy fukk land.

I generally like Kvothe though. I like the idea about having a bit of an untrustworthy narrator. Read the first book, at least. It's very good. When it comes to fantasy, I fall in love with a world that has a fully fleshed out magic system, and that's what we have here. Everything makes sense and balances each other out. Good stuff
The second one was damn near trash imo. I loved the first one. I need to get this third one soon. Rothfuss needs to drop this next piece. That fairy fukking shyt was TERRIBLE. I was actually heated reading it. It was so dumb

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
"The show is not a straight adaptation of The Kingkiller Chronicle—that’s what the films are for—but rather will take place in the same world a generation before the events of the books. Basically, the series will be some sort of prequel or origin story, but more specific information has yet to be revealed. (Here’s hoping for finally finding out what happened to make Auri go from brilliant student to scavenging outcast.)"

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
"The show is not a straight adaptation of The Kingkiller Chronicle—that’s what the films are for—but rather will take place in the same world a generation before the events of the books. Basically, the series will be some sort of prequel or origin story, but more specific information has yet to be revealed. (Here’s hoping for finally finding out what happened to make Auri go from brilliant student to scavenging outcast.)"
If it's like that what's the point :patrice:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I finished the 2nd book a long ass time ago, and the 3rd book STILL hasn't come out :mjcry: