The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24, 2024) (First teaser released!)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
20th Century’s next series of Planet of the Apes films looks to have found a new lead for future installments as sources tell Deadline that Owen Teague has been tapped to play the lead primate in the newest film in the iconic franchise. Wes Ball is taking over directing duties for the property, which hopes to start production before year’s end.

Not much is known about this latest installment as Ball and studio execs have kept plot details under lock and key. That said, the property has been a high priority for the studio going back to when Disney acquired 20th Century and made it clear that the plan was to get the next Planet of the Apes pic in development as soon as possible. The studio would tap Ball to direct in 2019 and he has been penning the script and working with VFX teams since then.

Earlier this summer, Ball delivered a script to the studio that instantly excited execs about where the new story could take fans of the franchise. A casting process began soon after that.

Prior to the Fourth of July holiday, execs and Ball began testing talent for lead roles. While the search remains for the main human role, Teague wowed execs with his screen tests and was offered the role in recent weeks.

The original 1968 Planet of the Apes film, based on a novel by French writer Pierre Boulle and starring Charlton Heston, centers on an astronaut who lands on a planet and discovers an advanced ape civilization ruling over primitive humans. In the final, infamous twist, he learns he is actually on Earth, which had suffered an apocalyptic nuclear war.

The movie was a commercial and critical hit upon its release and spawned numerous sequels and a TV series throughout the 1970s. In 2011, 20th Century would successfully revamp the franchise with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, an origin story chronicling how the primates took over. It featured groundbreaking motion-capture technology and an unreal performance by Andy Serkis as Caesar, the leader of the apes.

The film was not only a resounding box-office hit but also earned some of the best reviews in the franchise’s history, leading to a new set of films that wrapped up with 2017’s War For the Planet of the Apes.

‘Planet Of The Apes’: Owen Teague To Star In New Film Installment For 20th Century Studios

giphy.gif

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
We Never Got To See The Apes Completely Take Over The Planet And Establish A Functioning Human Like Society, It’s Literally What We Been Waiting For From Film #1
The original Planet of the Apes was supposed to the show the Apes living in a more futuristic society, but Fox couldn't do that due to the (at the time) overwhelming budget. I wouldn't mind if they did that this time.

boEXHBt.jpg

5xwnsuo.png

MVUTmJg.jpg

pgJk6Op.jpg

93d2WXi.jpg

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
hopefully we finally get to see this

"What's wrong with me? "
"I think you're crazy."
"I want a second opinion."
"You're also lazy."

I liked this song so much back in the day, I downloaded it off of Kazaa Lite, and burned it on to a CD. Those were the days. :wow:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
The title for the next film is going to be The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (from Disney’s Inside the Magic website and Deadline.)

It has been five years since the last Planet of the Apes entry, and now, we are one step closer to the next installment in the reboot trilogy that started with Rupert Wyatt’s re-imagining Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011), which sees highly intelligent primate Caesar (Andy Serkis) lead a revolt against humans in San Francisco.

The story continues with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), which takes place several years later, after humanity has been devastated by the “Simian Flu”. The trilogy concludes with War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), the epic culmination that pits Caesar and his fellow apes against a bastion of human survivors at a military outpost.

Collectively, the three films, each of which received glowing reviews from audiences and critics, grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide. So after inheriting the franchise through the Fox acquisition, it’s fair to say that Disney was never going to ignore such a huge success. And three years ago, they announced that a fourth film was already in development.

Now, Deadline has reported that Planet of the Apes 4 (TBA) — officially titled The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, which was confirmed back in June — has announced its lead cast member and the character they will be playing. Caesar, played by motion-capture legend Andy Serkis, was the lead protagonist in the Apes Trilogy, but now, another ape is set to take the lead.

Caesar’s surviving son Cornelius will be the lead character in The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, and will be played by It (2017) and It Chapter 2 (2019) actor Owen Teague, presumably in motion capture performance. Cornelius is a character from the original Planet of the Apes film franchise, although in those films he ends up having a son called Caesar.

Wes Ball is writing and directing the new movie,taking over from Matt Reeves, who directed the last two entries in the franchise but has since moved on to The Batman (2022) and its upcoming sequel. In an interview with Discussing Film in 2020, Ball talked about the upcoming sequel, and reassured fans who might be concerned that Disney will ruin the Apes reboot series:

“We have a take. We have a way of staying in the universe that was created before us, but we’re also opening ourselves up in being able to do some really cool new stuff. Again, I’m trying to be careful here. I’ll say this, for fans of the original three, don’t worry — you’re in good hands. The original writers and producers that came up with Rise and Dawn, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, they’re also on board with this. Josh Friedman is writing this thing, a lot of the same crew is kind of involved. We will feel like we’re part of that original trilogy, but at the same time we’re able to do some really cool new stuff. It will be really exciting to see on the biggest screen possible.”

Plot details are not known at this time, but based on where War for the Planet of the Apes ends — with apes being the dominant species on Earth after the Simian Flu has wiped out nearly all humans, it’s possible the story will serve as a reboot to the original 1968 film Planet of the Apes(1968), which was based on the French novel by Pierre Boulle.

The film spawned a number of its own sequels, animated shows, live-action shows, and graphic novels, and was even rebooted by Tim Burton in 2001, which was panned by audiences and critics. Now, it’s fair to say that Apes is back on the map, and recently, Marvel Entertainment confirmed that it will be releasing a new wave of Planet of the Apes comic books.

The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes will be the tenth movie in the Planet of the Apes film franchise. A release date is not known at this time, but production is expected to begin by the end of the year.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I WASNT WAITING FOR THAT AT ALL...

WE ALREADY SAW THIS shyt
IN THE 60S-70S AND 2001.

:devil:
:evil:

That’s Literally How It Should End, It’s Called PLANET OF THE APES, Gotta End The shyt W Them Completely Taking Over

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That’s Literally How It Should End, It’s Called PLANET OF THE APES, Gotta End The shyt W Them Completely Taking Over

ACTUALLY THE MOVIES THAT I MENTIONED WERE CALLED PLANET OF THE APES...

THESE PREVIOUS MOVIES WERE CALLED
"RISE OF"
"DAWN OF"
AND "WAR FOR"
THE PLANET OF THE APES.

PRETTY SELF EXPLANATORY.

WE ALREADY SAW THE PLANET OF THE APES.
:devil:
:evil: