The King | Trailer | Netflix Film (11/1)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

All hail. Watch The King in select theaters and on Netflix this fall. Hal (Timothée Chalamet), wayward prince and reluctant heir to the English throne, has turned his back on royal life and is living among the people. But when his tyrannical father dies, Hal is crowned King Henry V and is forced to embrace the life he had previously tried to escape. Now the young king must navigate the palace politics, chaos and war his father left behind, and the emotional strings of his past life — including his relationship with his closest friend and mentor, the ageing alcoholic knight, John Falstaff (Joel Edgerton). Directed by David Michôd and co-written by Michôd and Edgerton, THE KING co-stars Sean Harris, Ben Mendelsohn, Robert Pattinson, and Lily-Rose Depp.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

In Netflix's The King, Timothée Chalamet stars as Henry V, real-life king of England. But Henry wasn't destined to sit on the throne. We explain the combination of chance and skill that led to his ascent in this real, wild historical companion to the film. Warning: this video contains spoilers.

:ohhh: @Reece @Devilinurear @MidniteJay @Brandeezy @Lord Scarf We watching this new netflix film or nah?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seen a torrent for this...didn’t know if it’d be good or not...will check it out after seeing the trailer in here

Daps
Just finished....

This is an incredible movie

That first fight :whoo: grimy as hell and realistic. That's how a sword fight should be. Not pretty, but ruthless with no rules, only dirt and blood and winning by any means necessary

This is a thinking man or womans movie so if u like them cookie cutter movies, this ain't the one for u

But if u enjoy medieval times and stories of kings and princes and lineage and war and the game of intrigue and subterfuge, this movie is for you:wow:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
first hour is rather slow but Chalamets performance kept me in it and I actually ended up enjoying it.
I knew literally nothing or care about this time period so I couldn't tell you how true to the supposed history it was.

hard to take him serious in certain scenes like the battle because he looks so delicate (pause) compared to everybody else but he did a great job.

Pattison does kind of steal the show and his introduction does gives the movie a certain lift.
apparently he based his French accent on the people that dress him at Dior.

I'm just now realizing that was Robert Pattinson from twilight :dwillhuh:

He did his thing :wow:

he's been good for a minute and he's building a nice little filmography.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Just finished....

This is an incredible movie

That first fight :whoo: grimy as hell and realistic. That's how a sword fight should be. Not pretty, but ruthless with no rules, only dirt and blood and winning by any means necessary

This is a thinking man or womans movie so if u like them cookie cutter movies, this ain't the one for u

But if u enjoy medieval times and stories of kings and princes and lineage and war and the game of intrigue and subterfuge, this movie is for you:wow:

the nightly armour and maille :banderas: