The issue of race in France

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
An example of the French drivel spewed about the issue:
Racism in France: It's Not About Skin Color

"In France there is no racism based on skin color. To see evidence of this you only have to look at the streets of France where you’ll see more mixed-race couples than in New York or Rio de Janeiro. Before being black or Arab, foreigners or the children of immigrants from Maghreb or Africa are formerly colonized peoples, people who’ve been submitted to a double-standard of law and justice dating back as far as 132 years ago for Algerians. It leaves deep marks, but not purely negative ones. It ranges from exasperation to admiration with hate, fear, defiance but also intimacy, love and marriage. Last year the French film that won the Palme d’Or at Cannes was directed by a French man of Tunisian origin. The highest French literary prize — le prix Goncourt — was almost won by an Algerian, Kamel Daoud."

In a nutshell all the denial and bs that goes around regarding this discussion in France, even more so that the guy speaking is obviously of Maghrebian origin. It's a new day though.

Guizmo

Double Poney Swag
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
94, France
That's exactly what it is. Discussion of Race won't go as far as it does in the USA. We don't have enough black people in the higher ups in the establishments for them to make changes. Things will always be the same. Black people in France are at the lowest in the totem pole.

"Even if there is very little or no racial prejudice, there is a very strong prejudice of class that is translated to a stigmatization of people living on the outskirts of big cities and who in large part are immigrants or the children of immigrants from Maghreb or Africa. But white people who live in these places are not better off."

What a son of a bytch he is. :gucci:

He knows very well there is a big racial prejudice in France. He must know because for one, he is from maghreb and for two he's name. In France, you apply for a job, they see the name in your CV is not "frenchie" they will toss it. It doesn't matter if you born In Paris or not. Im not even talking about if you wanna rent apartment. At school, the guidance counsellor who says to you go do manual jobs because some programs of study are not meant for you. :gucci:

In Paris, the cop will just stop you because your license plate shows that you come from the "ghetto" :gucci:

The amount of black people who have very good job, like white collar jobs ? Laughable

I won't even talk about the cops. The biggest racist piece of shyts that exist. :gucci:

France can burn for all i care, i don't give a fukk. I hate this country with a passion.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
And obviously this is another aspect of the strategy

106244611_3528930130455279_1926270567018457614_n.jpg

Only showing Black and Arab women in the fight against racism (while sneaking in a white writer who wrote just one open letter on the subject lol). While most of them are doing a great job, a lot of men get busy too, and hald of them are only in the fight because their brother was killed. But this goes back, once again, to the colonial way of thought.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
They like to clown him, but it's crazy how France is basically acting with racism just like Trump is acting with testing and the coronavirus. If I don't test for it and pretend it's not a thing, then that must mean it doesn't exist :mjpls:

That's lowkey even more vicious, because they try and strip you of even the words to express the injustice (making the word "race" a taboo), on some 1984 novlang shyt.

That's exactly what it is. Discussion of Race won't go as far as it does in the USA. We don't have enough black people in the higher ups in the establishments for them to make changes. Things will always be the same. Black people in France are at the lowest in the totem pole.

"Even if there is very little or no racial prejudice, there is a very strong prejudice of class that is translated to a stigmatization of people living on the outskirts of big cities and who in large part are immigrants or the children of immigrants from Maghreb or Africa. But white people who live in these places are not better off."

What a son of a bytch he is. :gucci:

He knows very well there is a big racial prejudice in France. He must know because for one, he is from maghreb and for two he's name. In France, you apply for a job, they see the name in your CV is not "frenchie" they will toss it. It doesn't matter if you born In Paris or not. Im not even talking about if you wanna rent apartment. At school, the guidance counsellor who says to you go do manual jobs because some programs of study are not meant for you. :gucci:

In Paris, the cop will just stop you because your license plate shows that you come from the "ghetto" :gucci:

The amount of black people who have very good job, like white collar jobs ? Laughable

I won't even talk about the cops. The biggest racist piece of shyts that exist. :gucci:

France can burn for all i care, i don't give a fukk. I hate this country with a passion.
All facts.

And obviously this is another aspect of the strategy
106244611_3528930130455279_1926270567018457614_n.jpg

Only showing Black and Arab women in the fight against racism (while sneaking in a white writer who wrote just one open letter on the subject lol). While most of them are doing a great job, a lot of men get busy too, and hald of them are only in the fight because their brother was killed. But this goes back, once again, to the colonial way of thought.
Yep, same thing they've been doing in the US since the 70s with the Black Panthers, to this day. If needed to prove that white supremacy is a global culture, you just have to look at how similar the narratives, arguments and oppressive strategies they use are from country to country, no matter how they present themselves.

The French who pretend that such thing doesn't exist in this country use the exact same arguments to deny justice and humanity for Adama Traoré than alt-right white supremacists use for George Floyd.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
they dont even call black people "black" , they call them noir
never had a problem in france tho

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
they dont even call black people "black" , they call them noir
never had a problem in france tho

Lolllllll

Actually the problem is the opposite, they use the english word "Black" to avoid using "Noir". By using an english term it adds to the idea that black people arent and cant be french, even in the language. And it also reveals how, for many, "noir" is an insult.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Lolllllll

Actually the problem is the opposite, they use the english word "Black" to avoid using "Noir". By using an english term it adds to the idea that black people arent and cant be french, even in the language. And it also reveals how, for many, "noir" is an insult.
interesting take

i went to paris first time last year and never heard the noir thing till i got there, just something i never came across, even had a black french teacher back in the days