The **** is up with corny ass eurodance samples? Thats hip-hop?

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
:shaq2:

The level of sellout cornyness in hip-hop was always high but I feel its peaking lately

I think it started when TI had the audacity to sample that horrific, horrible, depressingly pathetic O-Zone shyt for his cornball anthem "Live ya life"

Then Eminem and Wayne jacked Haddaways What is Love.....when I heard that I felt hip-hop done it again and plunged to record lows and no way did I expect anything worse

Slaughterhouse now....with Cee Lo.......Rhythm of the night? REALLY?

REALLY?

:facepalm:

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. That Slaughterhouse joint is the epitome of fukkery. Embarrassing and depressing.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Eminem got justblaze in the studio and took all his garbage beats :mindblown:

I've never heard worse Justblaze tracks than the shyt on recovery... worse yet he custom made the shyt at Em's request.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
You call it selling out they call it surviving. The mainstream is a shrinking pond :manny:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
House music is african american, from the african american gay community.
Hiphop was in the beginning a lot more influenced by house and electronic music than soul, funk and the shyt they started with later on.

Yea shyt might be mainstream now, but it's still been a part of black culture and hiphop for the longest, I have no legitimate reason to hate besides it being mainstream music. But some cats dropped hard shyt as well like The Roc's "Who gon stop me". Cam and Vado on Boss of all bosses 2 had some ill joints as well.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
House music is african american, from the african american gay community.
Hiphop was in the beginning a lot more influenced by house and electronic music than soul, funk and the shyt they started with later on.

Yea shyt might be mainstream now, but it's still been a part of black culture and hiphop for the longest, I have no legitimate reason to hate besides it being mainstream music. But some cats dropped hard shyt as well like The Roc's "Who gon stop me". Cam and Vado on Boss of all bosses 2 had some ill joints as well.

I was under the impression hip hop came before house music. I dont see how it "influenced" it in the beginning. House music was created sometime during the mid 1980s in Chicago. I could be wrong tho and you could be right.

Tesseract

Dis-Info Agent Killer
Daps
Reppin
Xanth
StraxStrax said:
lol at giving 3 examples

And you expected something like with over 100 songs sampling it?

:heh:

EDIT: My bad. You're referring to the OP's post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I was under the impression hip hop came before house music. I dont see how it "influenced" it in the beginning. House music was created sometime during the mid 1980s in Chicago. I could be wrong tho and you could be right.
Beginning of the 80s, but other closely related genres like synth pop, electro pop and all types of electronic music. Like Afrika Bambaataa and those dudes.
Some of these genres were running parallel as well, they were influenced by each other. It was all underground music in the black community.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Eminem got justblaze in the studio and took all his garbage beats :mindblown:

I've never heard worse Justblaze tracks than the shyt on recovery... worse yet he custom made the shyt at Em's request.

the fukk you talkin about :usure:

that lost boyz sample :noah:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CChi3GkCM30"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CChi3GkCM30[/ame]]

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nas told us that there are nothing but yuppie kids at the top so unfortunately, their presence dictates music that is perpetuated by the top. The top being the most lucrative record labels. Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown: