The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Not only did KD leave Steph for Kyrie he left Kerr and now is being coached by Nash. :mjlol: Him and Kyrie said they can coach themselves.:dead:
I'd imagine that was the biggest reality check for KD.

He didn't like the Warriors' system and the way that Kerr coached, only to find himself at the other end of spectrum (no system; no coaching) where he got swept by the team that ended up getting shown up in the Finals by the system and coach that he turned his back on.

He's gotta be feeling sick with how everything panned out.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I'd imagine that was the biggest reality check for KD.

He didn't like the Warriors' system and the way that Kerr coached, only to find himself at the other end of spectrum (no system; no coaching) where he got swept by the team that ended up getting shown up in the Finals by the system and coach that he turned his back on.

He's gotta be feeling sick with how everything panned out.
I bet if you ask him when he retires, he says Scott Brooks was his favorite coach

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Serious question though why were all these media heads acting like Boston had this big advantage over the Warriors? :what: Seen a more than a few people saying the Celtics had more talent than the Dubs.:heh:
Celtics had a first team All NBA player, the DPOY, roster continuity, veteran leadership in Horford, and some young players who play defense.

On paper they had more talent. Lack of true point guard/facilitator did them in......and oh, yeah playing against an All time Mount Rushmore player who was out for blood.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Serious question though why were all these media heads acting like Boston had this big advantage over the Warriors? :what: Seen a more than a few people saying the Celtics had more talent than the Dubs.:heh:
Because they had a “historically good defense”

“Their entire starting 5 received all-defensive votes”

Blah blah blah

Their offense depended on tough shotmaking. And over the course of a series, those tough shots won’t fall….and they didnt

Combine that with the warriors defense, and they didn’t score 100 in 3/6 games

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
and boy were they
yup

a lot of wiggins buckets were off hustling to be honest.

once jordan poole woke up (game 5/6) we were able to beat these dudes pretty easily tbh

would love to know what the team said to him to calm him down and boost his confidence because Williams had him shook earlier in the series

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
yup

a lot of wiggins buckets were off hustling to be honest.

once jordan poole woke up (game 5/6) we were able to beat these dudes pretty easily tbh

would love to know what the team said to him to calm him down and boost his confidence because Williams had him shook earlier in the series
he prolly just needed a second to adjust. Better late than never

that Game 6 reminded me of the 2014 game 5 Spurs vs Heat game. Heat punched them in the mouth in the beginning and then the Spurs stormed back and never lost the lead

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
he prolly just needed a second to adjust. Better late than never

that Game 6 reminded me of the 2014 game 5 Spurs vs Heat game. Heat punched them in the mouth in the beginning and then the Spurs stormed back and never lost the lead
i am confident because of the way nobody is giving the Warriors credit

everyone is clinging to this idea that Boston is beating themselves with turnovers without considering what the Warriors may be doing to force turnovers. They are forgetting we are a top 2 defense lol.

Very possible we end it tonight. Expect Boston to come out early, but us to keep it close in the first half then take over in the second
pretty much predicted the game...though the take over happened in the second qtr rather than half

the turnover thing is key.

There was such a narrative with the turnover record and the third quarter record issue. I figured that Boston knows these two things are killing them yet in game 4 they still couldnt stop it. It became obvious that it was because of what the Warriors were doing and not what Boston was/wasnt doing. That's how I knew they were cooked and the Warriors were being undervalued/estimated

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
pretty much predicted the game...though the take over happened in the second qtr rather than half

the turnover thing is key.

There was such a narrative with the turnover record and the third quarter record issue. I figured that Boston knows these two things are killing them yet in game 4 they still couldnt stop it. It became obvious that it was because of what the Warriors were doing and not what Boston was/wasnt doing. That's how I knew they were cooked and the Warriors were being undervalued/estimated
after game 6, Udoka said this was their worst played series. And i was listening like "dawg, u do realize y'all played badly because the Warriors defense was the best defense you played against all playoffs, right?!"

It really seemed everyone forgot the Warriors were a historic defense before draymond went down with injury.