The Introspection & Personal Insights Thread

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True statement right there @ the bolded :salute:

Real talk the thing that makes me this way is that I'm not that comfortable enough with being myself. I tend to always think people are scrutinizing and judging me so I find myself contorting my personality into ways to please others. People and women especially pick up on this as well. While I realize this is an inferior mindset to walk around with I can't seem to shake it no matter what. The only time I'm truly comfortable with myself is when I'm alone.

That's why I've always said my worst enemy is myself. :wow:

you just gotta realize, at the end of the 99% of the people on this earth don't don't give a flying fukk about you. they got their own lives and motivations. you aint famous and probably ain't rich. nobody cares then

that isn't a bad thing tho. you don't know them nikkas either. so who gives a fukk about their opinions? you can walk outside with your head held high while everyone else walks with theirs down. because you know regardless of whether they're looking at you and thinking :upsetfavre: or :rudy: youll probably never have a conversation with that person in your life.

worry about ya self and opinion nikka. it's the only one you have to live with

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Sometimes I feel like the past 27 years of my life has been watching everyone I know swim freely in the waters of life while I was thrashing about trying to keep my head above water and not drown. Honestly, I'm really surprised I'm still alive after everything I've been through.

Everything I've learned about life I pretty much had to learn myself through experience. I didn't have that many people that I could relate too, so for the most part I feel like I'm a late bloomer.

But, I'm blessed in a way. While most people my age are married with kids, have steady careers, and whatnot, I still have hunger and a renewed sense of energy and determination. No debts, no baggage (baby moms, criminal records, etc.) and most importantly nothing holding me back from where I want to be in life other than myself.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
one thing ive notice is that i allow unnecessary shyt to piss me off. It is always the implications of non-important things/situation that have me where my mood changes in a matter of seconds- from humble to P.O'd . Also something that i need to get out of is being too hard on myself.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marissa Mayer is the CEO of Yahoo and worked for Google for many years. She's 38, the same age as my sister.

Makes me wonder, where am I gonna be at age 38? I highly doubt I'll be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, but will I be accomplished in my career? Will I even have the career I want?

I don't want to be pushing 40 and working some dead-end job, or working my way up the corporate ladder in a job I don't really care about because I didn't know when to quit. :flabbynsick: