The Introspection & Personal Insights Thread

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Eh... I was actually dreading making this thread and putting it up here...but fukk it. I figured I might as well share some insights and if others want to...whatever.

I'm going to be 29 years old in August. I've been thinking about my life. All of the people I've met. All of the places I've been to and have yet to go to.

I walk through these New York streets. Another face in the crowd.

I know who I am, but sometimes, I really wonder...who am I?

In this world. In this life ...who am I?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Sometimes I feel like I'm just a loner by choice. I have friends and family, but even then I've always had the propensity to go out and do my own thing. It wasn't because I hated people neccessarily, but because I had my frustrations with them. And I guess those frustrations were an extension of my frustrations with society.

I'm not afraid to be me. I embrace all of the things that make me unique. But I will admit, to be a true individual is to be alone. I've found out in my life that well, people don't respect that. They don't respect those people that are truly unafraid to be who they are. In fact, sometimes I feel that true individuality is treated with hatred and disdain.

I guess I was a loner in my previous years mainly because the amount of people I found that I could TRULY relate to was slim to none. So, I just took to my own agendas. I would go out of my way to avoid people. Even when I was greeted with kindness by strangers, I've turned the other way and treaded on. People would greet me with smiles randomly and say hi...and I would just ignore them. Over the years, I've found myself wanting to change that.

Those moments of loneliness made me a stronger person. Sometimes cold and distant, but more grounded in reality.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
No one can or will love you unless you love yourself.

This is true. This is absolutely true.

If someone is walking around feeling like nothing, they'll eventually think they are nothing. Mind over matter. Minds create matter.

It doesn't matter what friends, family, or the media says. You have to believe you are beautiful. You have to believe you are worthy of love and respect. You have to believe that you are that person that others want to be around. And you will become that person.

To find love is to not just love somebody...but to love yourself. To love the world. To love people unconditionally. To find solace in friends...and concern for enemies.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
Contentment feels so good. But do you ever find yourself so happy that you get scared? As if nothing this good can ever be without something equally as bad coming around the corner? Just the thought spoils my happiness. It sucks that you cant even enjoy happiness without fear. Or maybe its just me.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Sometimes I feel like I'm just a loner by choice. I have friends and family, but even then I've always had the propensity to go out and do my own thing. It wasn't because I hated people neccessarily, but because I had my frustrations with them. And I guess those frustrations were an extension of my frustrations with society.

I'm not afraid to be me. I embrace all of the things that make me unique. But I will admit, to be a true individual is to be alone. I've found out in my life that well, people don't respect that. They don't respect those people that are truly unafraid to be who they are. In fact, sometimes I feel that true individuality is treated with hatred and disdain.

I guess I was a loner in my previous years mainly because the amount of people I found that I could TRULY relate to was slim to none. So, I just took to my own agendas. I would go out of my way to avoid people. Even when I was greeted with kindness by strangers, I've turned the other way and treaded on. People would greet me with smiles randomly and say hi...and I would just ignore them. Over the years, I've found myself wanting to change that.

Those moments of loneliness made me a stronger person. Sometimes cold and distant, but more grounded in reality.

True statement right there @ the bolded :salute:

Real talk the thing that makes me this way is that I'm not that comfortable enough with being myself. I tend to always think people are scrutinizing and judging me so I find myself contorting my personality into ways to please others. People and women especially pick up on this as well. While I realize this is an inferior mindset to walk around with I can't seem to shake it no matter what. The only time I'm truly comfortable with myself is when I'm alone.

That's why I've always said my worst enemy is myself. :wow:

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True statement right there @ the bolded :salute:

Real talk the thing that makes me this way is that I'm not that comfortable enough with being myself. I tend to always think people are scrutinizing and judging me so I find myself contorting my personality into ways to please others. People and women especially pick up on this as well. While I realize this is an inferior mindset to walk around with I can't seem to shake it no matter what. The only time I'm truly comfortable with myself is when I'm alone.

That's why I've always said my worst enemy is myself. :wow:

:wow: i was a lot like what you described in high school and the first couple years of college. after that i slowly just started being myself around others after that and things just kind of fell in place and life is a lot better for it

even when i feel 'out of place' on occasion i'm getting that respect and admiration from people where i thought before they're probably judging me or something. i dont know how old you are and what you're looking for, but i think i found myself better not being as much a loner and having to interact more. it was a natural progression for me

i dont mean to completely disagree :manny: i enjoy alone time but i dont think it makes me stronger, its just a good time to reflect

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I have lack motivation and ambition. There are times when I CAN motivate myself, but it's not always there. My ambition is pretty much dead. :to: I want to get out of my current predicament so bad, fam. :sadbron:

I need more self-discipline in my life.

I'm 25 and feel like my life is going no where. I have dreams, but right now it's the process of bettering myself at what I want to do.

I don't want to go to school cause I see it as a waste. Just gotta pay off that shyt when and if you get a job.

That's my insight of me. I had to bare my heart out.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Contentment feels so good. But do you ever find yourself so happy that you get scared? As if nothing this good can ever be without something equally as bad coming around the corner? Just the thought spoils my happiness. It sucks that you cant even enjoy happiness without fear. Or maybe its just me.

Fear of what. the sidechick?

The sidechick will always be their. u need to deal with it baby

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
you are whoever you decide to be in your own mind :manny:

Conscious or subconsciously...you will make this decision not others.

I've come to find that I'm an intelligent, easy-going, open-minded person, detailed and highly critical of myself and others, but on the flipside because I am those things, i tend to be indecisive, which at times makes me look aloof and/or easily manipulated.

To further myself as person and career-wise in recent years I've found I need to be more assertive, more judgemental, and boastful of my talents, and more focused. In a sense, I need to be more audacious. People gravitate to audacious people, and whatever inconsistencies found in being audacious, oddly enough can usually be corrected with more audacity. This is not to say be arrogant, but be focused, goal-oriented, and driven.

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im at a dead end job I want to improve my life, im getting too old for a 9 to 5 but I dont know what my passion is...maybe because I dont care about too much I just live my life day to day...same way I earn my money I want a real career that has room to move higher...

I also think I need to be more emotional. I think emotional people are more focused, and are able to derive passions from other places because they are in tune with their emotions...they are able to value shyt.

I personally have programmed myself to be a little too selfish, and I think it has made me very instant gratification hungry in every area of my life.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have lack motivation and ambition. There are times when I CAN motivate myself, but it's not always there. My ambition is pretty much dead. :to: I want to get out of my current predicament so bad, fam. :sadbron:

I need more self-discipline in my life.

I'm 25 and feel like my life is going no where. I have dreams, but right now it's the process of bettering myself at what I want to do.

I don't want to go to school cause I see it as a waste. Just gotta pay off that shyt when and if you get a job.

That's my insight of me. I had to bare my heart out.

If money wasn't an issue what would you study in school?

Daps
Reppin
VOID

I couldn't agree more with this. But I guess you can't have one without the other.

I guess in order to embrace happiness one has to confront fear first.