The House approves a bill to give Federal recognition to the Lumbee

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

U.S. House Approves Bill to Give Lumbee Tribe Federal Recognition
November 17, 2020
The U.S. House has approved the Lumbee Recognition Act, a bill to give the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina federal recognition, WBTW reported.

The bill will now go to the Senate after House approval for the bill came Monday afternoon.

The Lumbee Recognition Act “would give Lumbee Tribe members access to services and benefits provided to members of federally recognized tribes,” WBTW reported.

North Carolina has recognized the tribe since 1885, and the tribe originally asked for federal recognition in 1888.

“UNC Pembroke was founded by a group of visionary American Indians who understood the value of education and the importance their actions would have for the next seven generations,” UNCP Chancellor Robin Gary Cummings said. “Today, we are proud to work with leaders like Representatives GK Butterfield and Dan Bishop who clearly see that full federal recognition for the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina will not only correct a longstanding injustice, it will help drive the economy, health, education and society of our region for the next seven generations and beyond.”

Both President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden have voiced support for the tribe’s federal recognition

=====================================

@im_sleep @BigAggieLean. @boy @powmia @DaKidFromNoWhere @Killah Ray @VinceSinatra

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

U.S. House Approves Bill to Give Lumbee Tribe Federal Recognition
November 17, 2020
The U.S. House has approved the Lumbee Recognition Act, a bill to give the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina federal recognition, WBTW reported.

The bill will now go to the Senate after House approval for the bill came Monday afternoon.

The Lumbee Recognition Act “would give Lumbee Tribe members access to services and benefits provided to members of federally recognized tribes,” WBTW reported.

North Carolina has recognized the tribe since 1885, and the tribe originally asked for federal recognition in 1888.

“UNC Pembroke was founded by a group of visionary American Indians who understood the value of education and the importance their actions would have for the next seven generations,” UNCP Chancellor Robin Gary Cummings said. “Today, we are proud to work with leaders like Representatives GK Butterfield and Dan Bishop who clearly see that full federal recognition for the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina will not only correct a longstanding injustice, it will help drive the economy, health, education and society of our region for the next seven generations and beyond.”

Both President Trump and President-elect Joe Biden have voiced support for the tribe’s federal recognition

=====================================

@im_sleep @BigAggieLean. @boy @powmia @DaKidFromNoWhere @Killah Ray @VinceSinatra

Ok good job for them

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This thread has an agenda:patrice:

Not actually. The last time that group came up in a thread, it was about a negative political clash during a march. Several Coli members from that part of the Carolinas(or with roots) weighed in on a different aspect of the story.

The members who weighed in then are the ones I tagged here. This news story is an extension of that side discussion.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
same can be said about people who don't claim any mix. people are fukked up, they aint jesus, they not gonna die for you
Who wants them c00n ass Indians to die for us:gucci: I’m just telling the truth they have a lot of anti black Sentiment to have a higher than normal admixture of black blood for native americans.

Daps
Who wants them c00n ass Indians to die for us:gucci: I’m just telling the truth they have a lot of anti black Sentiment to have a higher than normal admixture of black blood for native americans.

and im just saying all blacks dont meet the "blackness" standard as evidence by the constant bytching on this particular forum. you cant go in one thread to another without one of yall calling each other a c00n and measuring "blackness". the sooner people recognized that peopl in general are fukked up, the better off yall be. imo :yeshrug:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
and im just saying all blacks dont meet the "blackness" standard as evidence by the constant bytching on this particular forum. the sooner people recognized that peopl in general are fukked up, the better off yall be. imo :yeshrug:
I’m African American and we run the gambit from transparent skin to black as coal. These weirdos have only recently started this black purity test bullshyt. We are a diverse people:yeshrug: but I agree most people are fukked up

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I think I’ve told on here their feelings towards black Americans.

My auntie is a nurse, and has had multiple disastrous interactions with them. She’s had Lumbee men and women say they didn’t want her care or to be cared for by any of “those blacks.” There was a recent clash of black Americans and lumbees in Pembroke, NC earlier in the year.

With all that being said, I guess this is a good thing for them. They’ve been trying to get this for a long time.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
You play dress up long enough you eventually buy in to the notion that you're actually that character...

fukk those racists cacs though...and if I were one of the legit Indian tribes I'd be in the ear of every senator to strike this shyt down...