The Head of the EPA Department in Charge of Protecting Minorities from Pollution Resigns

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
EPA’s environmental justice head resigns

MustafaAli.jpg

smokestackpowerplant_getty.jpg

The head of the Environmental Protection Agency program aimed at protecting minority populations from pollution has resigned.

Mustafa Ali, who has worked at the EPA for 24 years, is leaving as the Trump administration is proposing to completely defund environmental justice efforts at the EPA.

Ali submitted a resignation letter Wednesday to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt in which he implored the agency's new leader to take seriously the concerns of minority communities, which often bear the brunt of air and water pollution and live in areas near major industrial centers.

He told InsideClimate News, which first reported on the letter, that he does not see in the Trump administration “any indication that they are focused or interested in helping those vulnerable communities. My values and priorities seem to be different than our current leadership and because of that I feel that it's best if I take my talents elsewhere.”
Ali urged Pruitt in his letter to reconsider many of the proposed cuts that Trump is eyeing to shave about a quarter off the EPA’s budget, including collaborative problem-solving grants and a program for small environmental justice grants.

“We’ve had both [Republican and Democratic administrations] over time and none of them tried to do anything to destroy what the previous administration had done,” Ali told InsideClimate. “Folks are just hoping that this one will wake up and see value in continuing this important work.”

In answers to written questions following his confirmation hearing in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, Pruitt said he is “familiar” with environmental justice.

“The administrator plays an important role regarding environmental justice,” he wrote. “I agree that it is important that all Americans be treated equally under the law, including the environmental laws.”

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
Good for him but what about her emails, folks?

It's time to be rational and take a stand.

maybe read the article?

he resigned based on speculation of what trump will or will not do

but hey, the narrative works on you dumb fukks

probably cause they got you out here slurping up lead and toxic fluoride

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
Trump's EPA Chief Denies the Basic Science of Climate Change

Might have something to do with this but fukk me right, I drink fluoride or have lead in my water? Who am I to stay?

good job bringing up something completely unrelated, but i'll respond anyways

“Science tells us that the climate is changing and human activity in some manner impacts that change,” he said. “The human ability to measure with precision the extent of that impact is subject to continuing debate and dialogue, as well they should be.”

maybe you should actually read through your hit pieces objectively :gladbron: crazy idea i know, to formulate your own opinions based on primary sources :mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
good job bringing up something completely unrelated, but i'll respond anyways maybe you should actually read through your hit pieces objectively crazy idea i know, to formulate your own opinions based on primary sources

Probably just a coincidence he resigned after the speech.

:sas2:

Carbon dioxide has nothing to do with climate change!

:hubie:

I'll be adding you to my ignore list retard.

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
Probably just a coincidence he resigned after the speech.

:sas2:

Carbon dioxide has nothing to do with climate change!

:hubie:

I'll be adding you to my ignore list retard.

added me to ignore list and negged me saying "cac" :mjlol: and i'm the retard?

keep eating up bullshyt dumbass :scust: