Congrats Miyazaki, very much deserved

giphy.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so mad I might have to buy another SDD cause I want 4TB SDD now for future games :damn:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
And what I'm saying is they're splitting hairs. Sekiro had inferior direction to Death Stranding but it was a better game? The direction of a game in integral to the experience. The best game of the year is obviously going to have the best game direction as one encompasses the other. It's like them saying best action game and having two games nominated for that and for game of the year and one wins best action game while the other wins game of the year.
Think of it like the best director and best movie. They probably don't just outright title it best director due to it being more of a team effort in that regard.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
And what I'm saying is they're splitting hairs. Sekiro had inferior direction to Death Stranding but it was a better game? The direction of a game in integral to the experience. The best game of the year is obviously going to have the best game direction as one encompasses the other. It's like them saying best action game and having two games nominated for that and for game of the year and one wins best action game while the other wins game of the year.
Best game direction doesn't cover necessarily the totality of the game, just the general concept.

You can have a great concept but underwhelming mechanics, which death stranding did. Sekiro had a more fleshed out and funner gameplay loop and mechanics. The IDEA of what death stranding was is grander and more impressive, but it wasn't a better game in practice.

But this is all subjective.