winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i got one a while ago and returned it lol

Apple supremacy :blessed:
My phone is a Galaxy S22 Ultra and I still wear an Apple Watch. I treat it as a fitness device and MP3 player. I can also turn on my hotspot on the phone and use it to control Spotify on my S22 because any Spotify device can control the service on any other device. When I go to the gym and it gets on their WiFi same deal. When I get home it links back up with my iPhone 12 spare phone and uploads the fitness data to Apple Health and all my apps.

I need a watch that works with the apps I use and the Apple Watch does a better job of that. I can't use Nike Run Club on a Samsung Watch even if it is Wear OS now because Nike just ignored updating the app given that only Samsung Watch 4s had Wear OS3.

Realistically though the Google Pixel Watch with integrated Fitbit might shyt on the Galaxy Watch 5 and once Google releases their watch all the makers that ignored the Galaxy Watch 4 will likely update to work on Wear OS3.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm just finding out there was a bug where if the watch and phone lost connection for too long you had to reformat the watch to get it to communicate with the phone again. That's what happened to me. Also if you still can't run smart home routines on Goole Assistant from the watch it's a joke.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Does anybody wear smart watches like everyday? I’ve had a couple but gave up a long time ago because it seems like it’s just another device that needs to be charged. My phone is on me 24/7 anyway so why would I want a secondary “phone”?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Does anybody wear smart watches like everyday? I’ve had a couple but gave up a long time ago because it seems like it’s just another device that needs to be charged. My phone is on me 24/7 anyway so why would I want a secondary “phone”?
I wear my AW every day, for fitness tracking purposes. It’s cellular so when I go run, I don’t miss any calls and am able to listen to non-downloaded podcasts and music. The weakest point is the battery life, of course. The cellular modem+ tracking instruments will murder the battery.
But it’s worth it for me and many others based on the metrics provided, and being able to leave phone at home (if you have cellular)
Did the same thing with my Galaxy Watch 3 cellular. Super useful for me personally

• Dap
Reactions: B86

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wear my Apple Watch daily as a fitness tracker, for Apple Pay, as a basic watch, and Bluetooth enabled MP3 player. I wear it even using the Samsung phone. It just syncs my fitness data with my spare iPhone when I get home. It's primarily a fitness tracker to me over everything.