The Florida Project (2017 Willem Dafoe A24 flick, Oscar buzzin)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
this was beautiful.
dirty and realistic but dreamlike and looked beautiful at the same time.

those kids had me laughing from start. that little girl deserved an oscar nom.

the mother ugly as shyt but would smash with no hesitation.
as soon as she opened her mouth i knew she was either from Brooklyn or Staten Island. she's from BK.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
this was beautiful.
dirty and realistic but dreamlike and looked beautiful at the same time.

those kids had me laughing from start. that little girl deserved an oscar nom.

the mother ugly as shyt but would smash with no hesitation.
as soon as she opened her mouth i knew she was either from Brooklyn or Staten Island. she's from BK.
:hhh: Have some fukking standards

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This was pretty good. A lot of genuine emotion in this film.

That little girl breaking down crying made me :mjcry:

But I didn’t like the ending. Way too cheesy and contrived. For a film very grounded and raw that ending made my eyes roll to the back of my head.

8/10

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was pretty good. A lot of genuine emotion in this film.

That little girl breaking down crying made me :mjcry:

But I didn’t like the ending. Way too cheesy and contrived. For a film very grounded and raw that ending made my eyes roll to the back of my head.

8/10

What's unrealistic about *those* kids in particular running away and sneaking into Disney? Is it the sneaking into Disney part? I thought it was perfectly plausible and well played.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think that was supposed to be somewhat fantastical, a magic realism sort of thing. Kind of using Disneyworld as an escape of a life they were probably doomed to, but just maybe there was a chance they metaphorically "escaped" to Disneyworld aka some sort of better live, than run down strip clubs and the degradation of end of the line poverty.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Randomly had this recommended to me and now that shyt has me fukked up....dealing with some of these types of kids in the emergency room kinda just put me there in their home life and bruh I'm legit just done emotionally right now....

Lol that ending The hotels in that area of Kissimmee is 20 minutes away from Magic Kingdom they couldn't have possibly ran that far with the traffic but I think it was a metaphor

Good movie tho, very authentic portrayal

This strangely bothers me more than it should since I recognized some of the area and I knew that shyt was a bit of a stretch to get to Magic Kingdom with the traffic in that area...

I'll be in Disney in a few months and I'm hoping I can get this shyt off my brain to not be fukking with me while I'm down there...

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Dude who did this got a new one coming at A24: