The Florida Project (2017 Willem Dafoe A24 flick, Oscar buzzin)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
On another note, this is one of the most infuriating films I've seen in a long time. I was seriously angry about halfway through. Just sitting there:wtf: Not at the movie, but that people like this exist...not just exist but exist in abundance. I like that the movie never stops and asks you to feel sorry for these people, they present them as they are and let you make up your own damn mind. It's a good choice, I think, even if it leads to anger.

And thankfully they presented enough contrasts to the mother to show that it's not that every poor person at the motel is shytty, it's just fukking her:camby: They showed the one dad who grounded his kid for being a little shyt was a good father. They showed that the grandmother taking care of her grandkids provided a relatively stable environment with "home cooked meals" for the children. You also could infer from the granddaughters manners, not wanting to go far from home or stay out too late, and reluctance to lie that she was being raised right, a contrast to the horrible influence of Moonee.

And even the one chick working at the diner was working to provide as best she could. And she was responsible enough to notice her kid was involved in starting the fire, and then to remove her child from the bad influence. Good parents and caretakers that are just down on their luck. I'm glad they were there to provide the neccesary contrast to Moonee's mom.

Moonee is absolutely going to end up like her mom though. Kept thinking that the entire movie and it kept depressing me, making me wonder what her mom's childhood was like:francis:

Film has stuck with me even after I was a little exhausted leaving the theater. fukk that ending though.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's a part of the brilliance, there's millions like this, across a country. And to contrast that with the Disney World right there, selling this fantasy, it's just devastating. It breaks my heart everyday, and it is infuriating, and unforgivable, what "we" have allowed to become of people.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
ive had this movie for a minute and just keep skipping over it.
its good like THAT!?

Daps
ive had this movie for a minute and just keep skipping over it.
its good like THAT!?
tenor.gif

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Only watched about 10 seconds of the trailer and told myself it's just not for me. Some cac dramas I just can't see myself hitting play on
I just watched the first 20 seconds of the trailer and.....yeah, it's not representative of what the movie is actually like. You might not like it but trust, it's not some cutesy cac heart of gold shyt like those first 10 seconds might lead you to believe.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I just watched the first 20 seconds of the trailer and.....yeah, it's not representative of what the movie is actually like. You might not like it but trust, it's not some cutesy cac heart of gold shyt like those first 10 seconds might lead you to believe.
I actually didn't even think that. Just thought "ehh not in the mood for a cac drama" then cut it off. On my zeus "that's a white man, with white man problems" shyt