"The FLASH" Season 3, official thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
THE FLASH Season 3 Will Involve Psychological Warfare, But Will Have A Lighter Tone

As if the altered Flashpoint timeline wasn't enough, season 3 of The Flash will introduce a third villainous speedster for Barry to face off with; this time it's the "speed god", Savitar (who was yet to be cast). A lot of Flash fans groaned over yet another speedster acting as the big bad of the season, but executive producer Aaron Helbing promises a much different villain this time around. “[Season 3] is more about psychological warfare,” Helbing teased. "Everything about [Savitar] is different than Zoom or Reverse-Flash,” executive producer Todd Helbing adds. “I can’t go into too much detail, but he’s quite a bit different.”

In addition to Savitar, Barry will also have to contend with a second villain, Dr. Alchemy, who will be voiced by Tobin Bell of the Saw franchise. “[We’re] trying to have the powers that they both possess play off of each other,” Todd explained. “It’s not just, ‘Oh, I have to catch this guy and take him down.’ It’s like, ‘Crap, now there’s this other guy, Dr. Alchemy,’ who has these transmutation qualities [via] this Philosopher’s Stone. You start to learn what he does with this stuff and how the both of them are coexisting.”

The brothers admitted that the second season of the show found itself treading down a darker path, especially in the latter half of the season, when Zoom murdered Henry Allen in front of Barry. “[The] last five [or] six episodes [of season two] were pretty dark,” acknowledged Todd. “Zoom, in general, was dark, it even got darker than we probably anticipated. So we’re making a conscious effort to go back more toward the tone of season one.”

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
THE FLASH Season 3 Will Involve Psychological Warfare, But Will Have A Lighter Tone

As if the altered Flashpoint timeline wasn't enough, season 3 of The Flash will introduce a third villainous speedster for Barry to face off with; this time it's the "speed god", Savitar (who was yet to be cast). A lot of Flash fans groaned over yet another speedster acting as the big bad of the season, but executive producer Aaron Helbing promises a much different villain this time around. “[Season 3] is more about psychological warfare,” Helbing teased. "Everything about [Savitar] is different than Zoom or Reverse-Flash,” executive producer Todd Helbing adds. “I can’t go into too much detail, but he’s quite a bit different.”

In addition to Savitar, Barry will also have to contend with a second villain, Dr. Alchemy, who will be voiced by Tobin Bell of the Saw franchise. “[We’re] trying to have the powers that they both possess play off of each other,” Todd explained. “It’s not just, ‘Oh, I have to catch this guy and take him down.’ It’s like, ‘Crap, now there’s this other guy, Dr. Alchemy,’ who has these transmutation qualities [via] this Philosopher’s Stone. You start to learn what he does with this stuff and how the both of them are coexisting.”

The brothers admitted that the second season of the show found itself treading down a darker path, especially in the latter half of the season, when Zoom murdered Henry Allen in front of Barry. “[The] last five [or] six episodes [of season two] were pretty dark,” acknowledged Todd. “Zoom, in general, was dark, it even got darker than we probably anticipated. So we’re making a conscious effort to go back more toward the tone of season one.”
I was hoping for God Speed, but whatevs.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was hoping for God Speed, but whatevs.

Godspeed is to new a flash villain. they still have Savitar this season who I think will be a mesh of Godspeed and Savitar

they still have max mercury, cobalt blue, impulse and inertia speedsters left .. but I don't want speedsters every season unless they start bringing some of them back

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
THE FLASH: Tom Felton's Julian Dorn Has A Love/Hate Relationship With Barry Allen

While we don't know very much about Tom Felton's role in season 3 of The Flash, we do know the actor will be playing CSI Julian Dorn, who will be a colleague of Barry Allen's in the new Flashpoint timeline. Speaking to SciFiNow, the actor revealed that his relationship with Barry isn't exactly the friendliest.

“He’s a forensic expert, so he treads on the toes of much of what Barry is good at,” said Felton. “Hence they have a slightly abrasive relationship at first. I say abrasive, but I mean that — clearly because of the events of the season — none of the relationships that Barry has had with other cast members is the same."

Given his actions in altering the time stream, Barry won't have any memory of the antagonistic relationship between the two at first. "He’s not familiar with me, but I’m familiar with him, so it’s an odd dynamic,” said Felton. “It seems like a love/hate thing at first.” Given his history of playing an antagonist, Felton was asked if Dorn would contrast with his previous roles. “Absolutely not,” Felton laughs. “I would hope the opposite.”

Casting an actor like Felton continues the trend of The CW getting some pretty big names to appear on their shows, including Summer Glau on Arrow, and Mark Hamill on The Flash. Many have speculated that Felton could secretly be playing Dr. Alchemy (who will be voiced by Tobin Bell).

Are you looking forward to seeing Felton on The Flash? Sound off below!

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Expect Some Big Changes For Grey Damon's Mirror Master In Season 3 Of THE FLASH

Though he regularly contends with super-powered foes, The Flash also has to deal with The Rogues, a group of low-level criminals who use technology to commit crime. The CW's Flash television show has done well in adapting the Rogues to a live action setting, having introduced Captain Cold, Heatwave, Golden Glider, and the Trickster among others - though one particular member has been notably absent from both seasons: Mirror Master.

Fans were overjoyed to learn that Grey Damon would be playing the character in season 3, though it has now been revealed that his "powerset" will be altered. According to executive producer Todd Helbing, Mirror Master will not be using his classic mirror gun to warp himself in between dimensions. In fact, he won't travel to other dimensions at all! "[Mirror Master] doesn’t use the [mirror] gun,” Helbing said in an interview with TV Line. “He’s a true meta, but he’s not necessarily warping into other dimensions.”

The decision to make Mirror Master a metahuman is certainly odd, though not entirely out of left field, as the show made the same creative choice with Weather Wizard in seasons 1 and 2. However, with the show making a "gold gun" a possibility, it seems a little strange that they couldn't do the same for Mirror Master's weapon.

Would you have preferred a more classic Mirror Master, or are you satisfied with the show making him a metahuman? Sound off below!

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It Looks Like Killer Frost Will Return For THE FLASH Season 3

CsV5hCQUsAAmex6.jpg