"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it wasn't for Daredevil, this would be no.1 for me with ease.

As far as within the realm of The CW, this is probably the best first season they've ever crafted. You had great action, characters, a fantastic villain, compelling storyline.etc Everything was basically on point.

aside from the writing for Iris, but that's w/e

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
xt0eUGV.jpg

:ohhh:
Killer Frost...:banderas:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
But by him shooting himself and reverse flash no longer in existence that means that...ah ok it means Barry became flash in a different way not the way it happened in the show. But then the whole thing with star labs and team flash never happens right?
That's what I was thinking earlier.. Next season is gonna be :wow:

:feedme:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
But by RF no longer to even exist or been BORN, that would mean RF could not kill Barry's moms.... thus the wormhole.

THE fukkERY!!! :mindblown:
But by him shooting himself and reverse flash no longer in existence that means that...ah ok it means Barry became flash in a different way not the way it happened in the show. But then the whole thing with star labs and team flash never happens right?
All those things already happened. Time is linear so maybe that's why Flash is still flash, his mother is still dead(so is wells and his wife). So i maybe wrong with not calling it paradox since i automatically associated a paradox with something that can't be true.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All those things already happened. Time is linear so maybe that's why Flash is still flash, his mother is still dead(so is wells and his wife). So i maybe wrong with not calling it paradox since i automatically associated a paradox with something that can't be true.

No a paradox happens when the universe collides on itself. Back to the future logic breh. Marty's mom and dad never date therefore Marty and his siblings are never born therefore Marty never goes back to the past and he and doc never meet. In this case Eddie shoots himself therefore wells is never created therefore he never goes back to kill Barry's mom meaning nothing unfolds the way it does. I think that's the same thing and like the same as Marty meeting his younger self and telling him he's Marty

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Dont think there's a paradox. its probably b/c eddy shot himself which resulted in reverse flash disappearing.

I'm still here trying to figure out why Barry has his powers once Wells/Thawne was erased from existence and thus never made the particle accelerator. :mindblown:

If anyone gives me that "The power was in Barry all along :krs:" explanation, we're gonna have a problem.

Edit: Got it never mind. Wells is still alive in a different timeline.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But time is NOT linear, scientifically speaking... and this show really implied that, hence why the worm hole reopened when Eddie erased his whole lineage. It's also why Barry could see both future and past events.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
looking back at the Eddie death it needed to happen as surprising it was

It wasn't the most surprising thing of the season - the idea has been floated a couple of times in the thread. Someone suggested Eddie punch himself in the balls until Thawne disappeared, but you get the idea.

I was way more surprised by the final horse crossing the finish line and Cisco figuring out he has a power.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
No a paradox happens when the universe collides on itself. Back to the future logic breh. Marty's mom and dad never date therefore Marty and his siblings are never born therefore Marty never goes back to the past and he and doc never meet. In this case Eddie shoots himself therefore wells is never created therefore he never goes back to kill Barry's mom meaning nothing unfolds the way it does. I think that's the same thing and like the same as Marty meeting his younger self and telling him he's Marty
no its not b/c that happened in the past. For this timeline, Eddy killing himself happened in the present(changing the present can't affect the past). ONly person that will be affected by it is reverse flash(remember he already changed his timeline by going to the past and changing sht) so him going back and killing barry's mom is part of his timeline now.

But time is NOT linear, scientifically speaking... and this show really implied that, hence why the worm hole reopened when Eddie erased his whole lineage. It's also why Barry could see both future and past events.
yes time is linear in the sense that if you were able to change something in past, a new timeline would created. And that timeline is linear.

Last edited: