"The Flash" Season 1 discussion thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Seems like the preview for next week spoiled that Oliver probably snaps out of it on tomorrow's show otherwise shyt makes NO sense

Doubt it, he's still in Ras' clothes. Ras probably let him help or some shyt because of _______ reason, idk :manny:

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
I tried my best to get into this show. As usual CW fukked up another superhero show. Arrow, Superman and Flash. Thank god for Gotham

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Despite the fact that Iris straight rolled into Star Labs w/out a badge or anything :dwillhuh:, I'm really glad she found out about Barry and everything is out in the open now. With the open, I thought they might do a few episodes where she doesn't admit the fact she knows and just hits Barry with a :comeon:every time he made up a bullshyt excuse. Playing devil's advocate with Iris, I can understand her point of view. Nobody likes being lied to, especially from people that you trust. Got her thinking about all the times she hugged Barry and felt something kinda poking her or when he didn't mind going shopping with her :patrice:.

They did a good job with Grodd for a TV budget and Joe sold being terrified of him well.

Hope Eddie kept the receipt for the engagement ring :mjlol:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I had to switch channels during the commercial break cuz that ether was burning a hole thru my TV.

:laff:

His first season and Eddie took more Ls than Dig L ever got. You know you aint shyt if you got descendants from the distant future giving no fukks about your well being. Not even your parents can son you like that.

I won't even blame him if he turns heel

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Aside from a few minor rough looking moments, I am still amazed at how well rendered the CGI Grodd is for a weekly TV show that is on the friggin' CW.
And I like the changes made to Grodd's origins. As much as I would geek out at the idea of a city full of talking gorillas, that is not feasible for a TV show. Plus the TV version of Grodd has a certain tragic pathos to him that is going to really help him grow into a major villain especially once he realizes that his "father" is just as big a douchebag as Gen. Eiling.

I also thought they handled the Iris reveal better than I was anticipating. Sure there were the requisite whining scenes but in this one episode Iris immediately became a better character because she is no longer the square peg trying to be fit into the round hole. Her not knowing was hurting the character and now that she does she can be fully integrated into the show. I was worried they were going to have her keep the knowledge to herself and walking around pouting for the rest of the season.

Wells aint shyt showing Eddie that newspaper from the future with the "Iris West-Allen" byline. Wells was like the host of that TV show Cheaters delivering the bad news to a person being cheated on.

I know I wasn't the only one all :lupe: thinking Grodd might actually force Eddie to shoot himself. I am constantly in fear that Joe is going to die whenever he gets involved in the action with major bad guys. And his breaking down like he did really went a long way to show that Grodd is scary as fukk.

And props to Cisco for name-checking C.H.U.D., that is one of my favorite bad horror movies.:salute:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And I also was thinking that the commando dude who was robbing all the gold was gonna end up being a TV version of one of my favorite lame supervillains: Goldface.
imXjyWu.jpg

I'm kinda bummed he wasn't.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm happy the writers didn't integrate him in the show. He looks like a sorry ass villain :scust:
Oh he is super-lame. But so is the Rainbow Raider and they were able to work him into the show pretty well.