The First Female Black Ph.D. In Economics Overcame Impossible Odds

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Meanwhile today there’s no shortage of people flunking out of school, having kids out of wedlock, working menial jobs and complaining about not finding dutiable or suitable partners during a time when there have been HUGE forward strides made for racial and gender equity.
The irony of this sheer ignorance and simplistic view :dead:

I swear you dudes have such weak upbringing!:wow:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
"In 1935, the Philadelphia NAACP, led by the civil rights attorneys Raymond Pace Alexander and his wife Sadie T. M. Alexander, successfully lobbied the Pennsylvania Legislature to pass legislation banning racial discrimination in public accommodations in the state."

Source: northerncity library temple edu (I didn't like the link so people can find it using Google)

I did not know about her, but I have been watching a few videos and reading some more articles about her. OP, I already repped you once and I will again once I can. :wow:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
People took up individualism as a virtue in the 80s.

It's different when your drive is greater than yourself as it was for Dr. Alexander. She wasn't an individualist. She was working for something greater than herself.

"Don't let anything stop you. There will be times when you'll be disappointed, but you can't stop," Alexander said. "Make yourself the best that you can make out of what you are. The very best."

Alexander's drive wasn't about trying to be famous.

"My mother often told me that at a very young age, she was determined to succeed, not for fame or fortune, but to contribute to improving the lives of African Americans through the law and public service,
"

Words to live by like a mf

Daps
After I left this thread, I went down a rabbit hole on Mrs. Alexander and her family. For generations on both sides, these were some extraordinary people. There are a lot of firsts in that family

ETA- They loved the University of Pennsylvania too lol
Just read some of her Wiki bio...damn her story can be weaponized by bad actors, it's crazy.