The film room’s inaugural “where did it go wrong” series: Alien 3

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
After the second movie nobody wanted to make a third....the writers, Sigourney Weaver, etc. were pretty much :ld: towards the franchise.

There's like 5-6 different versions of what "Alien 3" would've been....in the earliest concept, they were supposed to come to Earth:

The fact that they shot a teaser and had no idea what the movie would even be about is a huge clue about how chaotic the production of the movie was. There's even a couple scripts (or at least, ideas that were submitted) that don't have Ripley, at all. The finished movie is a hodge podge of 2-3 ideas from completely separate people and scripts.

Fred.

I remember being hyped when I saw that teaser. Life's a lie homie.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And yeah ALIENS was so fukkin good. I mean, just watch that movie and the 3rd act is just fukkin bananas balls to the wall action and suspense on goat levels that we wont ever see again...ALIENS is cinematic genius.

You can't follow that up. You just can't.

I get it that Aliens was so great that they had to take it in a different direction, and slow it down a bit. But they could've raised the suspense levels. Being in an isolated prison was not the way to go. And if they were gonna kill off Newt & Hicks, take it to a place that was inhabited with regular folk; people that you had no choice but to care about.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
And yeah ALIENS was so fukkin good. I mean, just watch that movie and the 3rd act is just fukkin bananas balls to the wall action and suspense on goat levels that we wont ever see again...ALIENS is cinematic genius.

You can't follow that up. You just can't.

James the Gawd Cameron. Probably the greatest action directing film maker of all time. Between the two terminators, especially T2, true lies and even the sinking scenes in Titanic he is relentless in making thrilling moments that are remembered to this day.