Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Np

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Aliens is the Goat:obama:

Breh every time they try to make shyt deep i make it simple. Aliens. Terminator 2. Predator. The Thing, When something matches any of those we can talk. Minority Report is Great. One of my fav films. hell. Children of Men as well. but its second tier. When these second tier films spawn gaming culture, movie culture, and pop culture like those films get back to me. And we can discuss greatness.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Aliens is the Goat:obama:

Breh every time they try to make shyt deep i make it simple. Aliens. Terminator 2. Predator. The Thing, When something matches any of those we can talk. Minority Report is Great. One of my fav films. hell. Children of Men as well. but its second tier. When these second tier films spawn gaming culture, movie culture, and pop culture like those films get back to me. And we can discuss greatness.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I agree.

I gotta throw Terminator on that list tho. The trifecta for me is

T1/T2
Aliens
Predator

All the very best of the best. No doubt the Thing is top ten. Alien as well.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
when I think of GOAT films, I look for influence, changing of creating a genre, or top notch in all technical aspects. Minority Report is an interesting film from that aspect because in film, I wouldn't say it is that influential but for the themes involved in the movie and what we see in the real world, it can't be denied. You look at the whole "arresting people before they commit crimes" that was a clever way of discussing cops' biases towards black people and minorities and how you're seen as guilty before doing anything. You also have all the aspects of government surveillance for the so called "freedom of the people", ads made for specific people, and the danger tech poses in the wrong hands (Russians and social media spamming). So one can connect the dots with some of the themes to real life but does all this make it a GOAT film:jbhmm:

I'mma say no, in just the sense of a film, it's good but not up there with some of the GOAT sci-fi films

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
when I think of GOAT films, I look for influence, changing of creating a genre, or top notch in all technical aspects. Minority Report is an interesting film from that aspect because in film, I wouldn't say it is that influential but for the themes involved in the movie and what we see in the real world, it can't be denied. You look at the whole "arresting people before they commit crimes" that was a clever way of discussing cops' biases towards black people and minorities and how you're seen as guilty before doing anything. You also have all the aspects of government surveillance for the so called "freedom of the people", ads made for specific people, and the danger tech poses in the wrong hands (Russians and social media spamming). So one can connect the dots with some of the themes to real life but does all this make it a GOAT film:jbhmm:

I'mma say no, in just the sense of a film, it's good but not up there with some of the GOAT sci-fi films

Speak that shyt fam.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I don't be in here a lot, but absolutely yes.

It takes a handful of things I don't particularly care for:

- Sci-Fi
- law enforcement
- Tom Cruise
- Colin Farrell

and still manages to make it palatable and tell a great story.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I’m torn on this one. It’s prescient as hell, and dope neo noir. There are so many little things it does well to build the world around the characters and Tom cruise goes through a lot of shyt. The material was done justice. It’s not my fav cruise and Spielberg collab nor do I think it’s one of his top 10 movies.

Off the top of my head:

Raiders
Jaws
ET
Close encounters
Color purple
Schindler’s list
Jurassic Park
Catch me if you can
Duel
War of the worlds

So I’m not a complete no but I’m not a yes either. @FlyRy sway me homie.
Niccas that dinner table scene one of the top 5 moments in cinema history

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just slowly being led to slaughter :demonic:
Lol nah. It’s from the filmspotting podcast. They have these things called “sacred cows” and these are the untouchable movies. Like godfather or apocalypse now.

They do something on filmspotting I’m thinking of stealing for the board. Every March they do their own version of March madness with movies. This year it’s 90s movies.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

To this day I see things and automatically think Minority Report.

But when I see people talk about Spielberg's best this gets dismissed. It's somehow underrated even with the talent involved. ( word to Catch Me if you Can).

What say you film brehs?
one of my favorite movies of all time

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
After really thinking about it, I'm gonna say YES. It's on the cusp, in that it's looks beautiful, the world is captivating, keeps you entertained and memorable enough characters, as well as having style. It really is a modern Blade Runner. However, one of the knocks against it is that it's Blade Runner-lite. Everything in the movie is a homage/ripoff of things we've seen by this point. But it'll be like that for a lot of movies, so I can't hold that against it too much.

But every time it's on, I'll watch it. And it randomly pops in my head as something I want to watch.