The Fall Of WWE Music - What Happened?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 15 themes that debuted during that era that weren’t, it just seems that way because of all the trash like Luther Reigns and Heidenreich
I can remember Heidenreich’s theme more than bunch of ones today :mjlol:

They also need to bring back titantron vids. How do you have those gigantic eyesore LED entrance sets, but you’re mostly just showing arbitrary colors with the wrestler’s name flashing. That’s a whole different thread though.

Daps
Reppin
LDN
I can remember Heidenreich’s theme more than bunch of ones today :mjlol:

They also need to bring back titantron vids. How do you have those gigantic eyesore LED entrance sets, but you’re mostly just showing arbitrary colors with the wrestler’s name flashing. That’s a whole different thread though.
Apparently they still have titantron videos in the arena on the other screens, just not on the main one. Could be wrong though

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This is one of the biggest reasons for such watered down themes. How can you create a nice theme for wrestlers that really don’t have gimmicks other than ‘good wrestler that grew up watching wrestling and always wanted to be in the WWE” ???
Man, Jim Johnson was giving The Beverly Brothers heat.:childplease:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I like listening to theme songs when I'm outside. Jim Johnston was great at creating themes that worked as actual songs, and made you remember the wrestler the song was created for. It's why The Miz is still using the same theme from 2010.

Are there any theme songs now that these wrestlers will still be using in thirteen years?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I understand your point for sure, but there are some themes today that have longevity I think. Shinsuke Nakamarra’s theme he will be using years from now.

That's a great theme. I don't know if Jim Johnston trained CFO$, but they were really good in coming up with distinctive theme songs. Sasha, Paige, Asuka, Enzo and Cass, Becky. They all had theme songs you recognize from the beginning.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key I always like Carmella's theme too. Even though it was just a dollar store Iggy Azalea joint. it slaps and fit carmella's song well

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Rusev, Nakamura, and Shield are definitely standouts. Carmella’s new one when her gimmick changed to a knockoff Lana, and (ironically) Lana’s theme we’re very distinctive too, but both got abandoned pretty quickly and o don’t even know what Carmella’s current theme is.