The End Is Near: Ubisoft has started inserting advertisements on the pause menu and map.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bruh he isn’t wrong. In 1994 you could make a game with 5 people that went head to head with the largest game manufacturers out there. You could do that up until mid PS2, that’s when it started to become cost prohibitive to make games you weren’t sure could sell. Hence today pretty much all A and AA games are indies that use touched up NES to PS2 level graphics.

Today in the major maker there are like 10 developers owned by 5 publishers. This shyt is not sustainable.

That being said, it does not justify ads going to the pause menu or the map.

I get where he's coming from but these execs are lying... AA and AAA game development shouldnt take millions what irks me is that these companies get greedy while the game sucks or is still broken.. so you spent allegedly millions of dollars to create a game and still shipped it broken??:dead: i need an audit...

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I get where he's coming from but these execs are lying... AA and AAA game development shouldnt take millions what irks me is that these companies get greedy while the game sucks or is still broken.. so you spent allegedly millions of dollars to create a game and still shipped it broken??:dead: i need an audit...

Explain why it shouldn’t cost millions to develop what are essentially interactive movies.

How much you think it costs to pay the salaries of hundreds of people for 3-4 years?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Explain why it shouldn’t cost millions to develop what are essentially interactive movies.

Those numbers are inflated... AAA games with all the programmers and writers didnt take millions to make in the ps3 and ps4 era so why does it take that much now...:what: like i said something aint adding up because technology gets cheaper so where's all this money going? and why is the games still broken spending all this money on it allegedly. :patrice: it's just not adding up to me.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah ea Skate 1 was the first game I saw doing this. They had miracle whip & T Mobile billboards in game and I think in the later games they would even update/change over time
Burnout paradise. It was sneaky. Real burger king billboards and shyt.."man this is like driving through a real city!" Back in 2008.....

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Don’t bytch about it now. Everybody who bought YouTube premium, Hulu+, etc validated the market for this bullshyt. :ufdup:

Microsoft called it years ago and others are catching on, the death of physical and birth of game pass will have y’all on an ads supported tier system.