The Drug Trade Is How Many Black Men Survive Racism In America (says Milwaukee Pol)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/blogs/218993631.html

And people here want to criticize me for saying black men locked up for drug dealing are political prisoners. That's exactly what they are, imprisoned for trying to withstand the catastrophic damage to their mobility by a system of white supremacy that they were born into. How do black men eat and feed their families when hiring discrimination against black people continues unchecked?

In a statement expressing his frustration with how growth in the local economy bypasses black males in the city, Ald. Joe Davis said Friday that the illegal drug trade is the "common way" for many African-Americans to provide for their basic financial needs.

Davis, who is African-American, entitled his statement: "Divide and conquer politics stagnates Milwaukee's economy, shuts out black males." {snip}

Davis said the city's rate of economic growth involving the private sector was "pathetic." He added that that poor performance was directly related to the city's crime rate.

"We accept group homes, day cares, gas stations and corner grocery stores as a pro business growth strategy while other local economies are looking at us in the rear view mirror. I shake my head as the City of Kenosha has landed Amazon's distribution center while City of Milwaukee officials are sitting on the sidelines crying, 'What about me?' "

Davis conceded people would be offended by his statement. He continued: "The illegal drug trade is the common way in the City of Milwaukee's African American community of providing the basic financial needs of many residents, and its mere presence is creating instability that is directly related to our violent crime statistics. We fight over minuscule issues that could unite us, but we are stuck in the past of 'Divide and Conquer.' Now we want to spend $500,000 on police overtime, but fight not to invest the same amount in African American men and boys who will be the target of strict law enforcement because of our dismal local economy in their community."

Estimates vary, but academic and labor experts say the unemployment rate in the African-American community is at least 40% or perhaps higher.

Last edited:

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a war on drugs. It's a war on our ability to eat, to house, to learn and educate, to be productive men in a supposedly free world.

Oh no i agree, it's pretty obvious that we are slaves/cattle to these people that run the economy and that its in their best interest for the world to be the way it is today

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bullshyt. Most of the major dealers ain't doing shyt productive. The petty hustlers ain't getting it like that. nikkas get booked for doing dumbshyt. You know you got dope in the car, why exactly are you speeding and driving without license and insurance? Why are you smoking weed in the car?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bullshyt. Most of the major dealers ain't doing shyt productive. The petty hustlers ain't getting it like that. nikkas get booked for doing dumbshyt. You know you got dope in the car, why exactly are you speeding and driving without license and insurance? Why are you smoking weed in the car?

you miss the point. it's not a question of whether or not it's petty or major. it's the purpose of the drug war, which is to restrain us from progressing as a people in the face of widespread racism. do you think if hiring discrimination weren't so rampant, if education was truly accessible to all black men, that drug dealing would be as rampant as it is in the black community? how do you tell a young black male who continually gets denied jobs because of his race that he shouldn't sell drugs? how do you tell these men, when they witness their white counterparts facing no challenges in education and employment, that they shouldn't sell drugs to feed their bellies, house their families, and put clothes on their backs?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Some drug dealers I know are some of the smartest business minded people I know, if only they used that trait for something positive smh

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you miss the point. it's not a question of whether or not it's petty or major. it's the purpose of the drug war, which is to restrain us from progressing as a people in the face of widespread racism. do you think if hiring discrimination weren't so rampant, if education was truly accessible to all black men, that drug dealing would be as rampant as it is in the black community? how do you tell a young black male who continually gets denied jobs because of his race that he shouldn't sell drugs? how do you tell these men, when they witness their white counterparts facing no challenges in education and employment, that they shouldn't sell drugs to feed their bellies, house their families, and put clothes on their backs?
The drug war couldn't work, if nikkas didn't give them probable cause. It's just as much drug dealing and usage in the suburbs, difference is people tend to keep low profiles. In the hood the majority want to be seen and act an ass. If you doing wrong, why are you drawing attention to yourself?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
You stop drugs from being sold, you stop crime, stop crime, you stop cops and special task forces that need big budgets from being needed and the list goes on.

I find it funny that folks think that cops cant catch dealers :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The drug war couldn't work, if nikkas didn't give them probable cause. It's just as much drug dealing and usage in the suburbs, difference is people tend to keep low profiles. In the hood the majority want to be seen and act an ass. If you doing wrong, why are you drawing attention to yourself?

so, racial discrepancies in arrests and convictions of drug dealers doesn't exist? the protests of mandatory minimums for crack dealing were misplaced? blacks are over represented in the prison system? whites, who oftentimes comes from backgrounds that allow them to get quality legal defense, aren't given slaps on the wrist for offenses that their black counterparts serve football numbers for?

:what:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk, if I didn't have my parents, with this shytty economy and fukked up hiring managers, I woulda BEEN had that work.

And this a upper middle class Black male talking with degree.
What do you need that work for? If you making decent wages it's plenty of ways to flip it without getting your hands dirty.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so, racial discrepancies in arrests and convictions of drug dealers doesn't exist? the protests of mandatory minimums for crack dealing were misplaced? blacks are over represented in the prison system? whites, who oftentimes comes from backgrounds that allow them to get quality legal defense, aren't given slaps on the wrist for offenses that their black counterparts serve football numbers for?

:what:
The open air drug market will always lead to more arrest. Direct disrespect of the law will always lead to more arrest. The crack laws are bad, yes, but at the same time you as blacks can't say crack is the worse thing to ever hit the black community, but then want to give it the same sentence as other "hard drugs". And nikkas that got football numbers had enough money to retire 20x over.