The day when you realize why you keep your old text books..

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I rent all my books from Chegg. nikkas wasting $400, $600 each semester when you can get everything for $200 or $150 online renting. Then sometimes the Prof. don't even use the book like that. I had to buy this book cuz I couldn't find it anywhere online to rent. $150. Didn't open that book once all semester. Got an A anyway. I didn't need that shyt. Still pissed about that :smh:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Those assfukks have gotten smart and lots of them got the publishers to make those school exclusive edition books to curb the resale market :beli:. When I got my syllabuses for my classes one semester, some of my professors said straight up, "Oh yes, the book is a requirement...........but we won't be using it" :what: . When I tried to resale the shyts, those smug bytches in the bookstore be like, "Sorry, we have too many of these in stock :troll:". Either that, or they gave me that struggle 20% of the books original price, even the ones in pristine condition that were still shrink-wrapped.

The only books I still have are the school edition books that have changed after the first year. Funny thing is that electives are the main culprits, but in the coming years it's going to be pretty much widespread :pacspit:
Are the school specific editions really any different, though? I had 2 classes this semester that had those and my professors told me the content is exactly the same, they just took out some chapters that they weren't gonna use. I just used the regular book for those 2 rather than my school specific edition and had no issues.

Thank god for .pdf's though :blessed:
I needed 4 textbooks this semester and was able to get 3 for free online. That 1 I had to buy was an elective too

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It never made sense to me why people sell their textbooks.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
shyt I download all my books if its possible. I havent bought a book for full price since fall of 2011. If I can borrow it, get it used, or download it imma do it.

I learned my lesson after I bought a $100 history book to find out that they werent taking the book back yet the motherfukkin professor was the author of the book. How the hell you gonna sell me a book thats brand new and only good for 1 semester from the Professor who wrote the book himself?

Man I was so pissed off that day I made sure I never bought books from the school bookstore ever again

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Especially when you not even in the field that textbook was supposed to prepare you for :beli:
Amazon prices is better than the book store anyway, just set your price slightly cheaper than all used listed which will end up being 3-4 times more than them crook ass bookstores buy it back for, you just have to be a lil patient selling them that way

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Amazon gives a good deal on buying books back...My school store would have given me like 45 bucks for 2 books. Amazon gave me 147 for them:obama:
This....................................

Taking my idiot friends books that they were giving away because the bookstore wouldnt buy them back, then flipping them on Amazon had me eating well during them struggle college days:blessed:

SN: The books on Amazon were far far cheaper than the ones at the college bookstore also, they want people wasting up their financial aid though on marked up books, so people have to take stupid ass loans though, College is one big hustle

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
My nikka. I wish I could cosign this, but my books are glorified firewood by now. I graduated in 2008 and I haven't looked at them sense, they don't help me with anything in my field and if I were to go back to school, they'd be old as fukk. They upgrade additions every other semester now too. People talk about cars, but textbooks are a hell of a depreciating asset. If I had a question, I'd just hit Google.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Now with text books they're putting the answers to the problems that would normally be in the back Of the book in a separate book and selling that for an extra $100 dollars.:wow:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Now with text books they're putting the answers to the problems that would normally be in the back Of the book in a separate book and selling that for an extra $100 dollars.:wow:

:what:

So glad i'm done with school years ago. You kids got it rough.