The Dark Knight is NOT a comic book movie.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Negative 40 rep Breh I could say anything and you'd say some dumb shyt. Shut up fakkit
First of all, thinking rep holds any weight already proves you're an idiot. Secondly you only have 20 yourself, so that line of thinking looks even dumber.

Avengers is that average bullshyt I KNEW you'd write. Good job.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I'm not even mad at calling it the greatest. It's just the people acting like it can't be compared to any comic movie is ridiculous. Just because it's darker. Batman in general is dark and I feel they coulda made it more of a batman film with the same darkness
I believe this Batman was as Dark as Nolan could make it. Burton's 1st 2 Batman Movies can Honestly be Argued as Darker than Nolan's Entire Trilogy in my opinion. Nolan made a Shiny New Age Version of Batman and I appreciate it but I also sometimes think there's a little too much
Emphasize on making the Characters, Gotham and even Origins appear too dark. Comics can go as Dark as they want but Movies unfortunately have to be made for Everybody to watch.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie transcended comic book movies to become a movie that was deemed so worthy of an Oscar nomination that when it didn't get one The Oscars changed their rules to allow 10 movies to be nominated for Best Picture.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Why do people use this argument? If that was the case, Nolan didn't even have to use Batman. I was always sick of the way the action sucked in these movies. Plot was awesome, performances were great, but this is not the greatest comic book movie ever made and it is indeed a comic book movie. And don't call this a hate thread because it's in my top 5 comic movies ever. i just get tired of "realism" or "darkness" being the arguments for it. FOH

isn't the actual batman comic book pretty gritty when they want it to be such as Frank Miller's stories....do you consider watchmen a comic book movie

i nominate this for silly nonsensical rant of the day

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think its a great movie..

I think Heath Ledger gave an all time performance..

I dont view it as a "comic book movie"

and

I dont really view Ledger as "The Joker"

Joker was more classical, always doing silly things and laughing at himself. They took some of the charm away from him in the movie.

In fact, they could have called Heath Ledger "The Riddler" and it wouldnt be much of a difference.

Nolan made an all time villain. But I dont think Heath's Joker was "better" than Jack's in the original Batman or Hamil in the cartoon series.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
why would you title it like that? :mindblown:

but i agree.. tdk is definitely a comic book movie.

i've never heard anyone say otherwise until i read the post above mine.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, more of a gangster/crime movie. Never felt like a "comic" movie.

Avengers is the best "cape" movie I feel like that his been made, was it perfect, no. Was it dope, your lying if you said it wasn't.
Even if they made the movie in 1940 based around Batman's first couple of stories it would be a gangster/crime movie. Comics movies don't need to feel like superhero fluff, because comics themselves can feel many different ways, even in the "superhero" genre.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie wouldn't be so overrated if it's fan didnt pretend this shyt was some kind gritty crime drama

the mob stuff is just background, the jokers just shows up and does stuff, there is no real plot, and batman is barely in it

I'm 100 percent positive no matter how shytty that man of steel 2 could possible be, the batman stuff will be way better than anything in the nolan movies

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I think its a great movie..

I think Heath Ledger gave an all time performance..

I dont view it as a "comic book movie"

and

I dont really view Ledger as "The Joker"

Joker was more classical, always doing silly things and laughing at himself. They took some of the charm away from him in the movie.

In fact, they could have called Heath Ledger "The Riddler" and it wouldnt be much of a difference.

Nolan made an all time villain. But I dont think Heath's Joker was "better" than Jack's in the original Batman or Hamil in the cartoon series.

:wow: Ether