The Coli's top 10 foreign (non-english speaking) films - THE VOTE IS IN

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
le-samourai-movie-poster-1967-1020694720.jpg

in my top 10 best foreign film..love it, quite iconic!

in the top 3 "coolest" movies i've ever seen. the story though would not make my top 10.. if that makes sense

will cop if/when we get a us BLU though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
in the top 3 "coolest" movies i've ever seen. the story though would not make my top 10.. if that makes sense

will cop if/when we get a us BLU though

Every hitman/assassin movie that came after it, borrowed from it. It's one of the GOATs for that reason alone.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
breh explain the ending to me. i'm still scratching my head

You mean the impossible gun draw? That's like one of my favorite movie endings of all time. There's not much to explain about it though, it's inspired by the old trope of samurai who can strike so fast the enemy doesn't even see the blade. shyt had me like :gladbron: the first time I saw it happen.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You mean the impossible gun draw? That's like one of my favorite movie endings of all time. There's not much to explain about it though, it's inspired by the old trope of samurai who can strike so fast the enemy doesn't even see the blade. shyt had me like :gladbron: the first time I saw it happen.

i want a US version.. i don't have a region free blu player :mjcry:

sam310.jpg

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
time to guilt my girl into getting me one :banderas:

If you google a bit, there's tons of cheap dvd players of which the regional lock can be turned off because the code has leaked. I got one purely for R1/R0 anime that cost me a measly 18 bucks.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
forgot to ask breh, what are your thoughts on antonioni?

i've seen 2 of his flicks (blow-up, la avventura, so far and i had the :ld:

I've only seen L'avventura.

I went in knowing what to expect, as far as the story...or lack of sorry as some say...is concerned. Given that, I actually quite liked it. I'm not sure I'd want to own it or watch it again anytime soon, but I did add La Notte and L'Eclisse to my Hulu queue after finishing it :manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
If you google a bit, there's tons of cheap dvd players of which the regional lock can be turned off because the code has leaked. I got one purely for R1/R0 anime that cost me a measly 18 bucks.
Any recommendations for a region free blu player?

I've thought about just buying a region 2 player and outlet adapter and going that route. I've got the space and input room

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've only seen L'avventura.

I went in knowing what to expect, as far as the story...or lack of sorry as some say...is concerned. Given that, I actually quite liked it. I'm not sure I'd want to own it or watch it again anytime soon, but I did add La Notte and L'Eclisse to my Hulu queue after finishing it :manny:
I have the others in my list as well. Blow up is just an odd film but I think I liked it.

Blow out is better imo

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The end of Pusher 2 :mjcry: You know it's not going to work out for him :to: Never going to get that respect either.

Watched the whole trilogy in three days earlier this year, so great. The Refn commentary on each is pretty interesting too.
Yo which DVD version did you watch of the Pusher trilogy? I'm trying to get a new DVD set

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
OK, I'm good with this

:whew:

1. Harakiri
2. M
3. The Wages Of Fear
4. The Rules of The Game
5. Three Colors
6. Grave of The Fireflies
7. Rififi
8. The Lives Of Others
9. Army Of Shadows
10. A Separation

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Any recommendations for a region free blu player?

I've thought about just buying a region 2 player and outlet adapter and going that route. I've got the space and input room

Depends on how much you wanna spend. I know you can't get any official ones for less than $100 (unless you like players that break down in less than two months). I don't know how available they are for blu ray players since most of them are dedicated to ol' fashioned dvd players, but I advice going to a site like http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks, http://www.dvdhacks.co.uk and http://www.dvd365.net/handset.php and see if there are any blu-ray models that can be easily unlocked (I know Philips ones pretty much require a simple 'cheat code'). Or if you already have a blu-ray player, just google it + region unlock to see if there's a simple way of doing it.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR