Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Ok I need some help. I'm trying to broaden my horizons and step outside of the basic solid colors. I'm going to Chicago next weekend for a graduation and need suggestions on what to wear. I'm not planning in rocking a suit

I have some dark brown boat shoes I'd like to wear but they've been sitting brand new in my closet since last year because I can't put anything together with them

Help a breh out

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok I need some help. I'm trying to broaden my horizons and step outside of the basic solid colors. I'm going to Chicago next weekend for a graduation and need suggestions on what to wear. I'm not planning in rocking a suit

I have some dark brown boat shoes I'd like to wear but they've been sitting brand new in my closet since last year because I can't put anything together with them

Help a breh out
Nobody can tell you what to wear. It's gotta be your own style.

You can wear anything with boat shoes though. Chinos...jeans...polo shirt...button down casual shirt...whatever.
If you're going to wear the boat shoes though, it's not exactly a great look to wear them with socks. Most people wear them sockless. Or you can get no-show socks like Ninja Sox

http://ninjasox.com/

You probably don't have time for them to ship tho.
I know DSW carries 3-packs of no-show socks made by Sperry...but they're a bit pricey. I wanna say like $15-20? It's fine but seems a bit much for 3 pair.

:manny:

I don't mean to actually post a Pinterest link, (I don't subscribe to the site), but this fashion blog could offer you some ideas and you could piece your stuff from things you like

http://www.pinterest.com/coreybbaker/black-men-fashion/

black-men-fashion-tumblrblack-mens-fashion-on-pinterest-ib9q7tat.jpg

Joshua-Kissi-and-Travis-Gumbs.jpg

f1ad9714f9941ef57031a1a57214e9ef.jpg

5c80688d3aaad2ab1ace0929f76bd0d9.jpg

@BLAZO da GAWD seems to be the fashion authority of the forum though, so I'm sure he could steer you in another direction if need be.
@ThiefyPoo offers a lot of advice on here too

:manny:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
ayo, what yall wearin for these Summer day parties? I'm in Chicago now and I need to recalibrate my wardrobe.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
What part of baseball/varsity jackets screams "GQ" to you?

GTFO the thread. :camby:

You could rock one without logos on it as part of an outfit with chinos and a button up...i copped a dark grey joint off asos last year for that exact type of look...

Davin Black

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Coolsville
Maybe you missed the bit when I said that I only wanted real nikkas to answer me
Sounds like you don't actually want advice, but want people to co-sign on varsity jackets; not everyone's gonna agree with your look, breh.

That said, pretty sure the only people still rocking varsity jackets are Yeezy and Pharrell. They make that shyt work, but it's not a good look on everybody IMO :yeshrug: