• 2/5

• 1/5

• flabby n sick/5

Results are only viewable after voting.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You say no to Guy Pearce but you haven't seen his most famous performances, Memento and LA Confidential? :what:That's on you breh. And as far the King Speech hate, movie wasn't good, but Pearce played his part like he was supposed to, so I don't know what you are trying to say. Yea the movie was average, but the actors did what they could with what they were given
It's nothing against Guy Pearce, breh. The joke had more to do with my hatred for The King's Speech :mjcry:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: this shyt looks like piff. Gonna watch within the next few days

Also just noticed some alerts from the movie club brehs..shyt was kind of mixed in with a bunch of other alerts so I missed it. It's all good though cause this shyt looks tough.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
watched while doing work.. :blessed: ray winstone dont be in much wackness @TheGodling that one scene is way too dope.

i had to chuckle when he did this though
superstar-o.gif

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol, why did you hate the King Speech so much? I mean, it wasn't good, it was very mediocre, but you got a real hatred for it lol
I took a girl to see it the day it came out.

Nothing else was in theaters but some family movies and that Gyllenhall flick with the train, so we thought we'd be sophisticated and go see the King's Speech

First off, the tickets were $21 each :damn:
Second, the room was packed full of cacs :mjpls:

Third. The movie was hands down the most boring thing I've ever sat through, and I have Seabiscuit on DVD.

Fourth, not only was I bored, she was bored as fukk too. I went home alone that night :mjcry:
Fifth, I quit my job for finals three days later. So for a while I was eating jelly sandwiches and looking back on that $53.95 I threw away that night like :patrice:

And to top it all off, I saw that Gyllenhall movie two weeks ago. It wasn't half bad :to:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I took a girl to see it the day it came out.

Nothing else was in theaters but some family movies and that Gyllenhall flick with the train, so we thought we'd be sophisticated and go see the King's Speech

First off, the tickets were $21 each :damn:
Second, the room was packed full of cacs :mjpls:

Third. The movie was hands down the most boring thing I've ever sat through, and I have Seabiscuit on DVD.

Fourth, not only was I bored, she was bored as fukk too. I went home alone that night :mjcry:
Fifth, I quit my job for finals three days later. So for a while I was eating jelly sandwiches and looking back on that $53.95 I threw away that night like :patrice:

And to top it all off, I saw that Gyllenhall movie two weeks ago. It wasn't half bad :to:

Damn, fam, I hate the King's Speech for you now:sadnino:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
watched while doing work.. :blessed: ray winstone dont be in much wackness @TheGodling that one scene is way too dope.

i had to chuckle when he did this though
superstar-o.gif

This is by far the best performance he's ever done. Like I'm genuinely disappointed to have never seen him capture this level of acting again.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gave it a 4/5 really good performances all around. I'm not heavy into the western scene when it comes to movies but this shyt was piff.
I kinda have a couple minor gripes about the character building but I guess the flick wasn't about that.

Also I kind of expected the film to be more about the moral dilemma of Charlie potentially accepting the proposition, but they never really went that way with it.

I figured he never even considered killing his brother, only to get to the end where he does it for basically no reason.

I kinda like though how the movie kinda fought against the portrayal of the ruthless western mob. When homeboy was getting flogged you could see the guilt and disgust on some of the peoples faces like :patrice: maybe we shouldn't be doing this type of shyt. Another part of this is I guess the ending where homie was tired of the bad things his brother was doing, so I guess it wasn't for no reason that he killed him

Also that bounty hunter dude stole the two scenes he was in. Dude looks real familiar to me too but yeah great performance on his part.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Gave it a 4/5 really good performances all around. I'm not heavy into the western scene when it comes to movies but this shyt was piff.
I kinda have a couple minor gripes about the character building but I guess the flick wasn't about that.

Also I kind of expected the film to be more about the moral dilemma of Charlie potentially accepting the proposition, but they never really went that way with it.

I figured he never even considered killing his brother, only to get to the end where he does it for basically no reason.

I kinda like though how the movie kinda fought against the portrayal of the ruthless western mob. When homeboy was getting flogged you could see the guilt and disgust on some of the peoples faces like :patrice: maybe we shouldn't be doing this type of shyt. Another part of this is I guess the ending where homie was tired of the bad things his brother was doing, so I guess it wasn't for no reason that he killed him

Like I've said in a post above, the fact they don't focus at about Charlie's moral dilemma is why the movie works for me so well. Like you yourself basically find out why he killed him at the end despite only three sentences earlier saying he did it for no real reason. He already left Arthur once before because his actions had gone too far, but he was at a point now where he could no longer run away from it, the innocent brother being punished the hardest for their crimes, only confront it and end it there.

I'd say the most important scene regarding Charlie's dilemma is when he's talking to Arthur on the cliff and he lies about Mikey being with some girl. If you pay close attention to Arthur's questions, you can tell he doesn't really buy it. But he allows the lies. He feeds Charlie into embellishing the looks of the girl, and they laugh. The whole talk doesn't really feel like Charlie trying to mislead Arthur, it plays out more like two older brothers at the end of their luck looking at their young dim-witted brother and imagining how crazy it would be if he ended up doing better than they did. But why does Arthur allow the lies, and why does Charlie still allow Arthur to live when he obviously knows that he's lying?

Because that scenario, that stalemate, allows them to be brothers for just a bit longer, before the things that have to be done will have to be done. :wow:

Note also that The Rider song that's played throughout the movie a couple of times is a metaphor for Charlie's internal struggle, and the lyrics change in the different variations of the song to reflect that.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Lowkey Danny Huston is one of the best supporting actors around. He's the standout for me.

Roger Ebert mentioned before that this is the closest film in tone to Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. It's a brutal, cynical, completely unromantic take on the western. It's one of those films you watch and you feel dirty after. The shyt just feels authentic and genuinely nasty.

Nick Cave is a genius.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
im not gonna get to it today but i will watch this during the week for sure and report back. i'm a fan of a few of the other projects the writer and director have done