• flabby n sick/5

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
vXpPfiO.png

A lawman apprehends a notorious outlaw and gives him nine days to kill his older brother, or else they'll execute his younger brother.

I'll rewatch it tonight so I it'll be more fresh on my memory, but let's say this is by far the greatest western made since the glory days of the western. The closest any movie has ever gotten to capturing the atmosphere of Cormac McCarthy's magnum opus Blood Meridian, this western Apocalypse Now is every bit as downbeat, ugly and violent as the limitations of your imagination allow you. Written by musician Nick Cave (also the man behind the infamous 'Gladiator 2' screenplay), directed by The Road's and Lawless' John Hillcoat and starring Guy Pearce, it's Australian cinema at its best.

@SlowPaceThrillah, @hexagram23, @cook Hit me with the sticky and tag any members necessary, my brehs.

@StraxStrax @Keyser Soze @2 Up 2 Down @Master Teacher @Conz @Anbessa725 @nikkahs B. Wildin @storyteller @ghostwriterx @Yoda @Kunty McPhuck @pete clemenza @KOTK @Captain_Crunch @TdashDUB @Ghost Utmost @tonyclifton @Wise @True Blue Moon @yoyoyo1 @Rekless Youf @Patrick Kane @YouMadd? @Mr Hate Coffee @NZA @Tuaminator @dangerranger @Primetime @Manny ManhaTTan @LongJohn @Ebonic Plague @Bruce LeRoy @Ayo @MF_BREW @Spin @Sunalmighty @choc_cardigan @StupidQuestion @Hammer @BarNone @IronFist @GoldenGlove @2Quik4UHoes @LostOne @duckbutta @The_Unchosen_One @Batz @Tony_Bromo @trick @StillNotSoft @theoretic @Wiirdo @sun raw @HankMoodyCSC @CapitalOne @bboystyle @dvdjamm @choc_cardigan @Arcavian @PurePlaya @DosCadenaz @T-K-G @Silkk @Higher Tech

I don't know if it's up on Netflix or somethng, but for those in need of linkage, check the spoiler below.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just rewatched it and it was even better than I remembered. :wow:

One thing I love is how low-key they keep Charlie's motivations. He has to choose between his brothers but there isn't some cliché speech or monologue for him to give voice to his contemplations. His struggle, his choices, it's all in his actions. It never seizes to make me go:lawd:.

One important thing is that this movie features my favorite edited scene of all time. Yes, that's a weird distinction but I've honestly never seen a scene more perfectly edited than the one...

... where Charlie wakes up after having a dream of his brother. Covered in flies, the sense of danger looming, he finds his horse,slaughtered. A spear soars in from above and pierces his torso. He falls backwards, leaning back on the spear being the only thing that prevents his falls. He looks upon the threatening group of aboriginals high up a rock and spits out a chunk of blood. He fades away, to another dream, as one of the aboriginals has half his head blown off by a bullet impact.

I could watch those twenty seconds over and over again for the rest of my days, it's such perfect cinema.

Also...

100 lashes! :mjcry:

When they cut away from it and back and the guy is wringing the blood out of the flogger and people in the crowd start to leave and for a moment you think the flogging is over, then the guy goes "...38!" :damn:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
We gotta properly consolidate the tag list sometime :patrice:
If you use #movieclub everyone who is subscribed to the hashtag automatically gets an alert. That way you don't have to worry about mentioning everybody, plus only the first 20ppl you mention get an alert, everyone after that doesn't.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh fukk, not Guy Pearce. Not after The King's Speech. :merchant:

Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can't be serious :rudy:Guy Pearce has a shytLOAD of amazing performances...Memento, LA Confidential, lawless, The Rover, Mildred Pierce, I can go on and on...Dude is a great actor
Out of all of those, I've only seen King's Speech. The WOAT waste of $21 and 3 hours. :snoop:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Out of all of those, I've only seen King's Speech. The WOAT waste of $21 and 3 hours. :snoop:

You say no to Guy Pearce but you haven't seen his most famous performances, Memento and LA Confidential? :what:That's on you breh. And as far the King Speech hate, movie wasn't good, but Pearce played his part like he was supposed to, so I don't know what you are trying to say. Yea the movie was average, but the actors did what they could with what they were given