The Chinese are now calling out their Russian friends capping about having hypersonics

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

In short
  • What most people mean by hypersonic missiles is one that can fly at hypersonic speeds from launch to impact and maneuver midflight making their flight path impossible to predict
  • Ballastic missiles have been hypersonic since the first V2 rocket developed by the Germans, but don't have hypersonic speeds the entire flight, can't maneuver midflight, and follow a predictable flight path which means it can be shot down
  • The kinzhal missile, Russia's self-proclaimed hypersonic weapon, is actually just a repurposed Ballastic missle that can be launched from an airplane instead of a launch pad but doesn't maneuver midflight or maintain hypersonic speeds the entire flight. It also has a predictable flight path.
  • Due to the above, Ukrainians using the PATRIOT system from the US, a system built in the 80s, have shot down their unstoppable missile multiple times.
  • Now even Chinese media is calling it all cap
Our multipolar fans on the board, looks like you've been duped again . I'm not going to tag because it's all fun but you know who you are. :troll:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Hypersonic missiles have been overblown in their capabilities and usefulness. They have to slowdown to maneuver and slowdown before they hit their target.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Hypersonic missiles have been overblown in their capabilities and usefulness. They have to slowdown to maneuver and slowdown before they hit their target.
At this rate, the US will be the first country to field a provable "hypersonic" because they hyped themselves up with fear of what they think the enemy possesses. This could be by design and it would be an ingenious way to keep your military at the top. Sell the fear of a stronger enemy in order to justify military spending on new weapons. Deceitful but probably effective.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
At this rate, the US will be the first country to field a provable "hypersonic" because they hyped themselves up with fear of what they think the enemy possesses. This could be by design and it would be an ingenious way to keep your military at the top. Sell the fear of a stronger enemy in order to justify military spending on new weapons. Deceitful but probably effective.
I think the US military regularly engages in strategic ambiguity. I'm not saying the US military is infallible and invincible, we all know that's not the case. But by being ambiguous, you can potentially bait adversaries into mistakes. So I would agree that intradepartmental budgeting within the military is underselling the capabilities to get more resources/funds allocated to certain projects. Anyone who has worked at a company that had a complex matrix hierarchy knows you bluff/lie about what you're able to do to get more money/team members added to your team.

Personally, I think missiles in the way we perceive them is on the way out. Railguns are on the horizon and deliver a lot more targeted destructive power, and I also think directed energy weapons like EMP is another technology not being talked about or being hidden. You can make navy vessels equally if not more technologically destructive without making the vehicle a floating powder keg.

At this point in time, I don't think there's a military in the world that will have any substantial advantage in any theater of war that the US couldn't catch up to with 2-3 years of dedicated research, and just their sheer overwhelming capabilities in every facet of war makes it that you don't really want to try the US in a direct conflict.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: I starting think that the deal with Iran military power what do you think @Charles Foster Qane cause to it just seem like their military power is being hype up.:patrice:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Such a mess all around the world :mjlol: :heh:

If you didn't know, a Chinese person was the founder of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Caltech and was one of the main engineers for America's first missile program.

Also worked on the Manhattan Project and graduated from both Caltech and M.I.T.
Eventually became a professor at both schools and recruited into the Army for their new missile program.

The reason why Dong Feng/Hypersonic missiles exist and China has them is because dude engineered them once we deported him and he got pissed.
Eventually was pardoned and warmed back up to America and sent his kids and family to go to school here.
One of them attended UCSD and became a Nobel Prize winner.

One of the most vital figures of modern history to be honest. Who knows what happens if they U.S government never deports dude.
U.S Navy called it "The stupidest mistake the U.S ever made."

Additionally, this was the guy they sent to Nazi Germany to talk to their main rocket scientist and convince them to work come back and work for the USA, which they did:

Every time I see the word Hypersonic I think of this shyt.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Everything I found said the same thing. This is probably just another scam by the defense industry to get more funding.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Good place to drop this nugget of history and how one decision is why we're in this mess.

A Chinese person was the founder of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Caltech and was one of the main engineers for America's first missile program.

Also worked on the Manhattan Project and graduated from both Caltech and M.I.T.
Eventually became a professor at both schools and recruited into the Army for their new missile program.

The reason why Dong Feng/Hypersonic missiles exist and China has them is because dude engineered them once we deported him and he got pissed.
Eventually was forgiven dude warmed back up to America and sent his kids and family to go to school here.
One of them attended UCSD and became a Nobel Prize winner.

One of the most vital figures of modern history to be honest. Who knows what happens if they U.S government never deports dude.
U.S Navy called it "The stupidest mistake the U.S ever made."

Additionally, this was the guy they sent to Nazi Germany to talk to their main rocket scientist and convince them to work come back and work for the USA, which they did.

:mjlol: America’s too racist

GCEVWlOWsAA5hmj

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
:jbhmm: I starting think that the deal with Iran military power what do you think @Charles Foster Qane cause to it just seem like their military power is being hype up.:patrice:
You kind of have to take a few steps back with Iran. They are a theocracy, so their whole approach to warfare is going to be different from many other conventional militaries, especially when fighting someone who is significantly stronger than them. If threatened enough, they're going to attack civilian targets because they are expansionist and any crisis is potentially existential for them. In my opinion any external existential crisis is immediately going to have that country seeking a nuclear deterrent.

For now, Iran is falling back on the fact that they are incredibly difficult to invade. It's extremely mountainous and surrounded by a sea and all countries the US doesn't have a working relationship anymore. If the US ever got into a true conflict with them, they're not only going to attack US bases in the area, but they're probably going to attack civilian targets in the area too; Israel, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia (although they've been on good terms in the last 2 years).

In addition to the topographical challenges as well as immediate harm that Iran can cause their neighbors, their military is relatively capable. They have the most drones in the region, a relatively capable air force, and they honestly are at any given time days away from creating fissile nuclear material.

The US's position is deterrence towards Iran. They'll do what they have to if it came down to it and the US would be ultimately successful, but it wouldn't be without an unsettling number of casualties the US public no longer really has the tolerance for (think 5,000 or more). In addition, while the general populace of Iran doesn't particularly care for the theocratic government that runs the country, the US wouldn't exactly be welcomed as liberators. So destroying the military capabilities would happen, occupation and regime change is unlikely to happen unless we were willing to flatten the country. It would be a far worse situation than Iraq.

Personally, a lot of people worry about Pakistan because they are wildly unstable with nukes, I worry more about Iran because they are actively engaging against US interests and it's only going to continue to escalate.