The chick on Positive K's "I Got A Man" has one of the sexiest voices

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
One-hit wonder Positive K’s lone Top 40 entry (#14 in 1993) becomes a more interesting listen when you learn the rapper did both the male and female vocals on the song. It being his debut, perhaps there was no budget for guest vocalists? At any rate, the “female” voice was K’s own, the pitch adjusted with the aid of studio technology.

You’ll Never Guess Who Did the Female Vocals on Positive K’s “I Got a Man”

Bronx’s Darryl Gibson (better known as rapper Positive K) made the scene in 1989 with “I’m Not Havin’ It,” a duet with hip-hop’s pioneer feminist MC Lyte. The unique song detailed a man’s attempts to seduce a woman as she fended off his advances with hilarious comebacks. Three years later, Positive K would recreate this magic formula on his debut hit single “I Got a Man.” Due to a change in record labels, MC Lyte was not able to reprise her role on the song, which left Positive K to record the female parts himself by pitch-shifting his voice in the recording studio. This clever studio trick was extremely effective, catchy-as-hell, and the song peaked at #14 on the Billboard Hot 100 in early 1993 making him one of hip hop’s first one-hit-wonders.

Thanks to simple, modern-day editing software, YouTube user Ryan McNeill has created the “De-Chipmunked Remix” of the song. As he puts it, “When the female parts are slowed to 80%, you hear that Positive K is, in fact, macking on himself the entire time.”

Deconstructing Positive K’s 1992 hip hop anthem ‘I Got a Man’

Two different sites

:dame::huhldup: