The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool, when this was announced I was interested in if this would be a comedy-drama like Atlanta. Looks like a straight drama

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The pilot is out for free

‘The Chi’: Showtime Offers Free Sampling Of Series Premiere

I actually watched it on YouTube which has the edited version, since I don't currently have Showtime.

I thought it was solid for a 1st episode, a lot goes down and there are a number of characters which do intersect at different points. Nothing completely original, but there are some solid performances :ehh:. Seems like the type of show which benefits from watching a number of episodes and I'm curious as to how the whole season comes together.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I've been burned by so many (new) shows lately that I'm hesitant to give this a watch but damn that trailer looks good and I sense a decent enough project to somewhat fill the void The Wire has left for nearly a decade. At worst it could be a tolerable update to The Corner miniseries from way back wen.

I doubt I'll watch it week-to-week though. I haven't given a new series that kind of energy in years.

Daps
The pilot is out for free

‘The Chi’: Showtime Offers Free Sampling Of Series Premiere

I actually watched it on YouTube which has the edited version, since I don't currently have Showtime.

I thought it was solid for a 1st episode, a lot goes down and there are a number of characters which do intersect at different points. Nothing completely original, but there are some solid performances :ehh:. Seems like the type of show which benefits from watching a number of episodes and I'm curious as to how the whole season comes together.

Bit to watch right now. Good look.