The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Wiggins is a game time decision, and this is the time that LeBron needs to punish that man on the block and play bully with him. Wiggins and Dray are the only ones who would be able to consistently guard him with success, and with Wiggins being hurt Bron gotta go off tonight.

Don't care that he's 38 with a fukd up foot, go put your superman cape on and show the world why you're the GOAT

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y’all over blow the best and worst whistle shyt
Lakers got like 26 fta a game. Warriors got 20. The disparity obviously has been very one sided and every game where the free throws are close the warriors have won. With that said lakers not losing with the current refs they have for the game and s hurt wiggins

You're missing most of the equation. Just looking at their averages isn't how it works.

Lakers averaged 26.6 fta/game, best in the league. They only gave up 20.8 fta/game, also best in the league. So against the AVERAGE team, their gap was already 6 free throws. And after AD/Reeves returned and the Lakers picked up all those players in trades, the gap from February-April was actually over 9 free throws.

Warriors averaged 20.2 fta/game, worst in the league. They also gave up 25.2 fta/game, sixth worst in the league. So against the AVERAGE team, their gap was already -5.

If drawing fouls was simple addition, and the new Lakers were 9 better than the average team while the Warriors were 5 worse, then you would guess that the new gap should be 14. But in reality, free throw disparity is more than simple addition. Because the Lakers know how bad the Warriors are at defending without fouling, they attack even more than usual. Because the Warriors struggle to score inside against the Lakers, they draw contact even less than usual. As a result, the free throw gap doesn't just add, it increases even more than that.

The expected free throw gap should be something larger than 14. In reality, the gap each game (not counting intentional fouls at the end) has been:

Honestly, the 21 and 20 are slightly high but not unexpected considering how different these teams were in the regular season. The 6 is very low, but not impossible as a one-time event. The 1 and 0 are absolutely bizarre. How does by FAR the worst free-throw drawing team in the league, going against the BEST free throw preventing defense, manage to get to the line just as many times as the BEST free throw drawing team going against one of the worst free throw preventing defenses? And not just once, but twice in the same series....both times in must-win games that otherwise would have meant an early end to the series?

Anyone who is serious about it would see Games 2 and 5 as dramatically different from the norm that had been established in these team's play all season.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Took the Warriors on the over. Had them winning in 6 now 7 I guess.

Big fan of Bron since he returned to Cleveland and AD since I lived in Louisiana for some time. So hoping LA can pull it off tonight because there's no way they win Game 7.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Big fan of Bron since he returned to Cleveland and AD since I lived in Louisiana for some time. So hoping LA can pull it off tonight because there's no way they win Game 7.
I bet lakers tonight as well it’s no way they let this go seven

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash

Yeah, Lakers gotta win today :lupe:

I think they do

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Wiggins is a game time decision, and this is the time that LeBron needs to punish that man on the block and play bully with him. Wiggins and Dray are the only ones who would be able to consistently guard him with success, and with Wiggins being hurt Bron gotta go off tonight.

Don't care that he's 38 with a fukd up foot, go put your superman cape on and show the world why you're the GOAT
Nggas gon be saying this when he’s 45 my goodness give it a fuking rest

They closed out Memphis by FORTY and he had 22. This team is deep they do not need heat game 6 LeBron to win this game or a chip.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Cool cool.

Just don't cry when Draymond hits AD with this move

ElectricJoyousGourami-max-1mb.gif