The "Catfish" show on Mtv is catfishing their viewers!!!!

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think anyone with half a brain knows this, anyone who takes reality tv is real should be slapped by 100 people

its pure entertainment

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
People don't even care, they want to be fooled at this point. The premise is nice but there's no way you could manipulate the average catfish situation to fit the context of the show without blowing the situation before you can exploit it.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
People don't even care, they want to be fooled at this point. The premise is nice but there's no way you could manipulate the average catfish situation to fit the context of the show with blowing the situation before you can exploit it.
I like to think its real. Doesn't affect me either way.

But yeah Nev be goin straight for a meeting as soon as he get the number and then gets beyond aggressive. Their FB/google detective/Creep skills also on a Milli cuz it's crazy how they be finding some of their info

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
People don't even care, they want to be fooled at this point. The premise is nice but there's no way you could manipulate the average catfish situation to fit the context of the show with blowing the situation before you can exploit it.
:skip: shyt is sad cause they don't even attempt to male it realistic
I like to think its real. Doesn't affect me either way.

But yeah Nev be goin straight for a meeting as soon as he get the number and then gets beyond aggressive. Their FB/google detective/Creep skills also on a Milli cuz it's crazy how they be finding some of their info
They use no detective skills
It is all manifactured

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
People know it is fake/scripted by now, especially with the people getting fished being on Twitter baiting themselves out.

I treat it as a regularly scripted tv show (not a reality one) and enjoy the fukkery of the "twists", since some were downright hilarious last season.

Posted this in the official thread: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/76217387.html - makes more sense.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knew something "just wasn't right" when the person catfishing was cool, damn near eager, to meet the fooled..... WITH CAMERAS RECORDING:beli:

Exactly.

They've been embarrassed to meet up with the person they've been talking to for 2 years because they're lugging around an extra 200 lbs, but now that there's CAMERAS involved, they suddenly feel comfortable enough to reveal themselves?

:stopitslime:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
People know it is fake/scripted by now, especially with the people getting fished being on Twitter baiting themselves out.

I treat it as a regularly scripted tv show (not a reality one) and enjoy the fukkery of the "twists", since some were downright hilarious last season.

Posted this in the official thread: Oh No They Didn't! - How fake is Catfish??? - makes more sense.

the one episode i seen that I really believe is the nikka from Jackson, MS, dude used his cousin pic to catfish this chick, who he thought was a tranny in Atlanta

then it turned out that it was a real female who lied:dead: and then dude was pissed that it wasnt a tranny:dead:

and the chick actually was kinda cute

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Exactly.

They've been embarrassed to meet up with the person they've been talking to for 2 years because they're lugging around an extra 200 lbs, but now that there's CAMERAS involved, they suddenly feel comfortable enough to reveal themselves?

:stopitslime:

On the off chance it is all real. I can only assume there's some sort of $$$$ incentive. Like talk shows.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
the one episode i seen that I really believe is the nikka from Jackson, MS, dude used his cousin pic to catfish this chick, who he thought was a tranny in Atlanta

then it turned out that it was a real female who lied:dead: and then dude was pissed that it wasnt a tranny:dead:

and the chick actually was kinda cute

:laff: breh that was my favourite episode. If any of them were real I think that would have been it, just based off the reactions. Could tell dude was :sadcam: when he found out she wasn't a tranny, coupled with the way he was holding the pillow on the couch :dead:

She had a nice crib and everything too, even spotted the guy money. What a fool :damn: