The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Transfered out of RH (except for Yolo money :lolbron:)

I'm definitely not a pro trader, but I try to answer general questions when they come up.

Brehs,

other brehs want to get into trading but it seems like everybody here already knows everything about trading.

Are there any brehs and brehettes in here willing to explain stock trading? @Blazinn @Kenny West @I Really Mean It and all other brehs with knowledge in here.

I recommend taking a look at the first post in the OG thread.

The coli use to have a paper trading platform and I got a lot of info from there.

*EDIT* If you are posting trades, please provide position size and time frame (short/mid/long term)

Understanding the basics of finance and investing:

Investing 101: A Tutorial For Beginner Investors

Introduction to Investing | Investor.gov

Money 101

investing - personalfinance

Places to trade stocks:

Fidelity, Charles Schwab, Robinhood, WeBull, E-Trade, TD Ameritrade

There are many others. Look around for low minimum deposits and the lowest transaction fees as possible. Go with a reputable broker to protect yourself. Some offer pre-market and after-market trading (WeBull).

Online education:

Stock Market Investing for Beginners | Udemy

**Simple rules to ALWAYS follow:**
1. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
2. Do your due diligence

@Serious Guide to Investing

I think we should start a discussion on the stock market. Please don't merge this with the financial thread, as they are two different topics.

I am currently long AAPL. Average weighted cost is about $140 so I am sitting pretty with 65 shares. My plan is to sell after the iPhone 5 hype hits the market. Expectation for price range is 650-675 for me to sell.

I am also holding a few bio stocks. These are highly speculative so do your due diligence and realize that you may gain or LOSE a LOT of money playing these.

1) ARNA - Arena Pharmaceuticals. Got in at $6 and rode it through PDUFA approval. Should've sold on pop but I got emotional and thought I'd make more. I cashed out a $1.3k profit. Still holding 1025 shares and am down about $3k on those now. I think the long term potential of this stock is very good so I am holding for 1-2 years. My price target to sell is $17-22. I think its possible to hit this due to VVUS drug being highly risky and the IP protection for ARNA is much better. Possible buyout by a large pharma is also in play.

2) TLON - Talon Therapeutics - Highly speculative play. ADCOM was 7-4 with 2 abstentions. Small cap bio. I was up about 35% on the stock as I bought in at 1.40..ran up to 1.80. I should have sold and made a $2.5k profit but I got greedy.. Next day it dropped 40% followed by another 10% drop the next day. It is slowly going to build back up before its PDUFA date on 8/12. I'm down about $3k after the raid so I'm just hoping to break even now.

What else..Banks

I'm holding BAC and C. Both have been fvking horrible for me. Down 30-40% on both. Everytime I buy a bank stock it drops big. Medium sized positions so Im just going to hold for a few years and hope they turn it around.

Discuss what you are holding, market/stock theories, and give/take advice. Lets see what we can do. Also - a good place to learn and follow retail investors is StockTwits.com . Sometimes you can find good leads on there but you should always do your OWN due diligence.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Meme stock holders, are we selling at the bell or are we continuing this crazy ride?

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Here we go

scared.gif

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea GME was 40 yesterday I was considering it but I didn’t pull the trigger I wanted to see if it would rise steadily ... that shyt jumped to 145 that’s CRAZY.

I missed out.