The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
My post was to highlight how many people are currently losing money. 30-40k worth of out of money contracts means that their is significant amounts of institutional investors losing out, which usually means that they are going to step in and try to manipulate the price. The goal of the market makers is to make most of the options that they sold worthless. What this is setting up to be imo is a huge battle of hedge funds/market makers come Friday.
Most people with puts are most likely regular people. Who do you think sold them puts? The institutional investors. I'm not saying no institutional cats are in puts because they are but the majority I'd bet are regular people.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most people with puts are most likely regular people. Who do you think sold them puts? The institutional investors. I'm not saying no institutional cats are in puts because they are but the majority I'd bet are regular people.
I think there’s institutions on both sides of it. The pure volume and open interest is what suggests that this isn’t just retail. Options are more mainstream than ever but not to that degree. Some people I know who pay for the fancier data sets seem to think this as well.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don’t understand why people fret about it reaching 1,000. Bitcoin is worth 50 racks. The market absolutely will allow AMC to go that high, if it’s possible.

You also have to factor in how critically important this is to the post-covid recovery effort. The resurgence of AMC - with its stock hitting astronomical highs - isn’t just good for the company, but it’s a spectacular win for the economy.

Stop confusing this AMC squeeze with the GME surge. Two different scenarios, one a meme pump and dump, the other a legitimate climb by a company with a promising forecast.

AMC’s stock is about to make a lot of people happy, if not rich. It’s good business and good for America’s morale.

This is not financial advice.

:francis:

AMC has never been higher that $35/share though. Where Y'all getting $1000 at?:gucci:

killacal

Banned
Daps
I don’t understand why people fret about it reaching 1,000. Bitcoin is worth 50 racks. The market absolutely will allow AMC to go that high, if it’s possible.

You also have to factor in how critically important this is to the post-covid recovery effort. The resurgence of AMC - with its stock hitting astronomical highs - isn’t just good for the company, but it’s a spectacular win for the economy.

Stop confusing this AMC squeeze with the GME surge. Two different scenarios, one a meme pump and dump, the other a legitimate climb by a company with a promising forecast.

AMC’s stock is about to make a lot of people happy, if not rich. It’s good business and good for America’s morale.

This is not financial advice.

:francis:
Someone ban this retarded nikka from this thread:laff: