The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you're looking to become an early investor to Coinbase, don't miss their Intial Public Offering:

Don’t Look Like There’s Any Info On How To Get In On The Listing

Edit: It’s Just Going Right Up For Sale To Anyone Day 1?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wait a minute

Say you go into a stock at 1,000 USD. You buy 1000 shares. The stock tanks so bad you're at -5,000.

At that point, you OWE money? Based on what I'm reading, that's what that kid thought.

But me, a noob, figures you lose what you put in only, not more.

Someone clarify please.

You can lose more money than you invest by selling options

Ex: you sell a naked call. This means that the buyer is paying a premium to buy the share at a certain price. If the share ends up greater than this price and the seller doesn’t actually own the share of the stock yet....:francis:

Basically, you as the seller owe the share. The cost of this share could theoretically rise up to infinity

basically never sell nAKed options

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Straight up newbie to all this and just purchased 2 shares of my first stock. Wish me luck, brehs. :lupe:

I have a heavy interest in pot stocks so curious what some of the more knowledgeable brehs have to say on the subject? There are a few I'm considering for individual stocks and also thinking of going the ETF route but was curious what the brehs take on the cannabis sector is?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone good at reading candle charts? I am currently reading a book on it and its pretty interesting.