The Boys comic is better than the show

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Ehh..I have no interest in watching the show or reading the comics.. I heard everything is just always Fcked up...who the Hell wants to injest that all day?

I do enjoy the memes (Blindly )though.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Boys comic is horrible :russ:

images

images

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i kinda agree.

the comic is a treatise on revenge, the superhero comics industry (especially the 90s) and masculinity as a whole. One of my favorite scenes is the end of the series when Butcher is talking to Hughie about men being just boys (iykyk why the scene packs a lot more punch )

with that said…its Ennis and super hero comics…Garth has to get his dikk jokes off at their expense.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im almost finished with the audio comics, some of that shyt should never hit a screen.

What Malchemical was planning to do with the women in Super Duper :mjcry: just Super Duper in general :to:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Thr show messed up Butcher a LOT
Dude ain't for crying and caring about anyone whose a supe

The. Characters and their relationships are more interesting, except Kimiko

Theirs silliness, but their is also sad shyt like the G-Men

The show has a lot of violence but it never goes really far into utterly fukked up shyt

I'm rambling, but yeah

You aren't wrong. The Boys did the same thing preacher did, which was try to make some characters more emotional than their comics counterparts, which worked with some, and abysmal failures with others. My major issue with the boys is that they've done so much into making homelander the big bad hero and at the same time made every other male hero into a shivering wimp in his presence. If it were admiration I could accept it, but just outright fear is pathetic. Then there's the keystone cops that are the boys themselves. Going from anti superhero powered individuals who keep the seven and other crazy fukking heroes in check to... whatever the hell they are now is a hard watch. I really don't like what they did to mother's milks' backstory. It was fukked up, no doubt. But the shyt his family went through really shows just how fukked up and careless vought as an organization was. And they just cut it all out. i dont have hope that theyll stick the landing. between eric kripke and seth rogen, i have a su=inking suspicion this is gonna end on some bullshyt

Im almost finished with the audio comics, some of that shyt should never hit a screen.

What Malchemical was planning to do with the women in Super Duper :mjcry: just Super Duper in general :to:

super duper is the one thing i didnt want adapted and considering the full blown racism and abuse that came with the g-men shyt, thats speaking bundles. the only good heroes in the world are mentally challenged and you stick them with a monster? im glad it was hughie in that story and not butcher, but was still a hard read

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You aren't wrong. The Boys did the same thing preacher did, which was try to make some characters more emotional than their comics counterparts, which worked with some, and abysmal failures with others. My major issue with the boys is that they've done so much into making homelander the big bad hero and at the same time made every other male hero into a shivering wimp in his presence. If it were admiration I could accept it, but just outright fear is pathetic. Then there's the keystone cops that are the boys themselves. Going from anti superhero powered individuals who keep the seven and other crazy fukking heroes in check to... whatever the hell they are now is a hard watch. I really don't like what they did to mother's milks' backstory. It was fukked up, no doubt. But the shyt his family went through really shows just how fukked up and careless vought as an organization was. And they just cut it all out. i dont have hope that theyll stick the landing. between eric kripke and seth rogen, i have a su=inking suspicion this is gonna end on some bullshyt

super duper is the one thing i didnt want adapted and considering the full blown racism and abuse that came with the g-men shyt, thats speaking bundles. the only good heroes in the world are mentally challenged and you stick them with a monster? im glad it was hughie in that story and not butcher, but was still a hard read
See, I wish they adapted the G-Men storyline

I think they could have kept the MMs mother's story line and just make it less grotesque

The Boys in the show feel less like a hit squad and more like goofs running around

I can't take them serious as trained killers
They even got goofy scooby doo music during scenes

I wish it was a more serious show, with funny shyt mixed in

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
i kinda agree.

the comic is a treatise on revenge, the superhero comics industry (especially the 90s) and masculinity as a whole. One of my favorite scenes is the end of the series when Butcher is talking to Hughie about men being just boys (iykyk why the scene packs a lot more punch )

with that said…its Ennis and super hero comics…Garth has to get his dikk jokes off at their expense.
Comics Butcher would have killed Beccas son with no regret

He might have held off while she was alive, but as soon as she hit the dirt, he would have got to work

The fact that they got him feeling conflicted is a huge misunderstanding of the character

I liked the comic

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I just started the books, on 5, and iono about this. The comic seems kinda surface so far. The show is well fleshed out.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Only change I really like is A-Train and Kimiko

MM is really ineffective and whiny

He served the same counter balance to Butcher in the comic but in a subtle way