The Black Church & Group Economics

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember Dr Claude Anderson speaking something relative to this sentiment of churches investing in the community. He told a story and from what I remember the basic lesson was that the people didn't wait for the church to do these things, they demanded it because they couldn't take the pain within their daily lives anymore. Because all they did was preach about how black people should accept their lot in life and work towards accepting their reward in the after-life. The thing is these minsters were chosen and educated by the peoples' oppressors to emit such messages. It was a tactic devised by slave masters to propagate a docile mindset among the black population that was revolting against the power structure increasingly back then.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
quote-we-must-give-up-the-silly-idea-of-folding-our-hands-and-waiting-on-god-to-do-everything-marcus-garvey-117-73-31.jpg

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The black church of today is about profit not building the community llike it was 50 years ago. It's the congregations fault for not holding the pastor's accountable for the money they receive. Until that's done, logical people will steer clear of such poverty pimps.

Most of the charity work done in black communities are being done by the church, and many communities would fall apart without them.

The black church is no longer the gathering point for black communities like it used to be, but it's far from being a money-making machine.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Y'all do that same thing cacs do stereotype anything black.

Because a few churches are money hungry and pastor a fraud y'all try to paint all of us even the good ones who are out in the community and doing the Lord's work

You sodomite pagans disgust me , may fire and brimstone reign on you for generations :Ufdup:

Only hoteps believe that ALL black churches are money hungry mega churches. SURE a good amount of black churches may be docile but MOST are not these pimps these hoteps like to claim.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Most of the charity work done in black communities are being done by the church, and many communities would fall apart without them.

The black church is no longer the gathering point for black communities like it used to be, but it's far from being a money-making machine.
Until black churches open up during the week for black children after school and provide that structure they use to provide; I will not take these pastors serious.

why not open up the church during the day for black kids after school or just for black people to have a place to study read or organize?

I mean these pastors are getting money every Sunday from these folks so why not pay these folks back?

Fukk these pastors living good on the dime of misguided black folk while he has sex with most of his female congregation.

Hold these poverty pimps accountable.

The black men of today is about themselves and not building the community like it was 50 years ago.

I really hate this one brush using to paint everyone. The bad apples that get the most press don't speak for the whole community

Its like saying all black men are criminals :martin:
unfortunately the bad apples that are contributing to the problem reflects on all of us even if you're an upwardly mobile Blankman who owns multiple homes and lives pretty good.

This is why its extremely important to hold these irresponsible self-destructive black men accountable like Pookie, lil Juju and baby Tech 9.

Every chance you get, it's important that you speak out against the Democrat party's platform that has excused the self-destructive pathologies within the black community for the past 30 years.

Last edited:

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
Until black churches open up during the week for black children after school and provide that structure they use to provide; I will not take these pastors serious.

why not open up the church during the day for black kids after school or just for black people to have a place to study read or organize?

I mean these pastors are getting money every Sunday from these folks so why not pay these folks back?

Fukk these pastors living good on the dime of misguided black folk while he has sex with most of his female congregation.

Hold these poverty pimps accountable.

unfortunately the bad apples that are contributing to the problem reflects on all of us even if you're an upwardly mobile Blankman who owns multiple homes and lives pretty good.

This is why its extremely important to hold these irresponsible self-destructive black men accountable like Pookie, lil Juju and baby Tech 9.

Every chance you get, it's important that you speak out against the Democrat party's platform that has excused the self-destructive pathologies within the black community for the past 30 years.

Some do open doing the week. But others do not have the facility to offer weekday activities, others I've seen made the effort to build structures on their grounds that can accommodate nonreligious programs and activities. The politics of a church can be so numbing that it takes years or decades to get something moving.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ITT people who have not been to church in a decade+ will give you an "informed" opinion on what happens in chruches around the country.

Before yall fix your fingers to type some bullshyt, can anybody name some organizations that do more for their surrounding black communities regularly than the black church?
Nearly all non-profits.
Name an area, and I can name you an organization.
I actually work on the youth board for my parent's district's church financial committee.
Most churches are not putting in tremendous, or really "any" community effort. There are more churches than there are schools, trust me, the combined effort would literally change the landscape of black communities everywhere in the country.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Let me introduce you the concepts of: a "mega church," a "televangelist," and "prosperity gospel."

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
ITT people who have not been to church in a decade+ will give you an "informed" opinion on what happens in chruches around the country.

Before yall fix your fingers to type some bullshyt, can anybody name some organizations that do more for their surrounding black communities regularly than the black church?

Exactly. I won't pretend like there aren't mega church pastors trying to profit of the church. But a large amount of black churches are actually doing a lot for the community. The one I go to is starting up an entrepreneurship ministry to encourage folks to start businesses in hopes that it'll lead to more jobs for people in the community and an overall growth of black economics.

The church my girl goes to offers a lot of free resources for the poor and homeless in that area including health screenings. They also started a youth sports league geared towards giving the kids something to do instead of spending their time in the streets.

It's easy to hate on church and say it's the thing holding us back. But that would be an insult to the many black churches across the country actually trying to make a difference. But everyone's entitled to their opinions :yeshrug:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Exactly. I won't pretend like there aren't mega church pastors trying to profit of the church. But a large amount of black churches are actually doing a lot for the community. The one I go to is starting up an entrepreneurship ministry to encourage folks to start businesses in hopes that it'll lead to more jobs for people in the community and an overall growth of black economics.

Gooe shyt...:whoo:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In essence, it should be an easy transition.
Not to jump to the classic Coli "Jews do this" concept, churches established in residential areas should buy and maintain properties in the areas, especially houses. Community outreach, assistance or direct employment, community clean-ups, anti-gang/drug/prostitution campaigns, soup kitchens, after-school and weekend activities and schooling, daycares, etc. should all be a part of every Black church here in the US.
I'd also prefer a system of checks and balances including board investigations to examine the inner-workings of the churches and ensure there isn't misappropriation or abuse.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nearly all non-profits.
Name an area, and I can name you an organization.
I actually work on the youth board for my parent's district's church financial committee.
Most churches are not putting in tremendous, or really "any" community effort. There are more churches than there are schools, trust me, the combined effort would literally change the landscape of black communities everywhere in the country.

This is such a moot non answer. Non profits in general are not "black" or "black community" things, they're supposed to push for whatever initiative they're organized around. A charity is supposed to do more in their specific niche because that action is the whole point of these people coming together. Why would you expect grandma's bible study group to donate more clothes than a group of people who came together for the specific purpose of donating clothes? :what: Furthermore whatever niche a charity is formed around (feeding homeless, donating blood, providing clothes etc) doesn't touch the REGULAR positive impacts good churches have on the community in the most subtle ways like having positive safe spaces for children.

It's like a nikka telling you your organization isn't shyt cause he picked up more trash off the streets than yall while doing community service for probation :skip:

The church is a place for worship, it's not required of them to do anything like that and many can barely keep up just the religious function. They don't have to provide meals to children in their area, they don't have to function as a cheap after school daycare/summer school, they don't have to give scholarships. The members organize and participate in these initiatives. Most churches are not putting in tremendous effort in children centered community outreach because most churches don't have the amount of following to do so among the youth. The average church is most made up of older folks, mainly black women. How much influence is a anti drug meeting gonna have if the only one's there are seniors?

Your posts ITT are pretty much what I was describing in my first post. if the church is so bad I wanna see where I can find more/larger groups of positive regular black folk doing more.

Last edited: