Essential The Big Thread of Black Excellence

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
998362_448839101880909_124326577_n.jpg

IS 318 chess alumni Justus Williams won the Under 16 Chess Championship of the United States. Justus, a star of Brooklyn Castle, won a 4 year scholarship to college as a result of his victory.

Is it just me....or does he look like a boss standing in front of everybody else?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
http://newsone.com/2665991/james-martin-florida-atlantic-university/

WNVideo.js

While most 17-year-olds are contemplating which college they plan on attending next fall, James Martin is thinking about where he wants to attend graduate school.

WSVN-TV 7 reports that Martin, of Marimar, Fla., just received his bachelor’s degree in molecular biology from Florida Atlantic University (FAU) during a ceremony Tuesday. The baby-faced teen was by far the youngest graduate in his class of 1000 other students; he was also one of the most accomplished, finishing with a 3.9 GPA.

“James Martin, Suma Cum Laude,” said announcer at the the ceremony. That he is so young is a fact that does not elude the young scholar.

“It’s funny, because I have a really young face, so they all knew this kid doesn’t belong here,” Martin said. “They end up seeing you almost as a peer because you study like they do, you work like they do and at the same time, you’re interacting.”
While Martin is clearly a super-talented young man, his mother, who home-schooled him as a child, admits that her son was not always so studious. “His early years, he tended to be a little lazy,” said Joan Martin. “He daydreamed a lot and then, about 12 or 13, he started getting really serious.”

Martin was so serious that his improved habits landed him on FAU’s campus at 14-years-old. It was a successful journey that didn’t go without its challenging moments, however. “It’s been some nights, man,” he said. “It’s been some nights where I’m just like, ‘Ugh!’”

While Martin is not sure of what his next steps will be, he does eventually want to pursue higher education.

“In a couple years, hopefully, I’ll be on my way to getting a PhD, and so that would be a tremendous blessing,” he said. “In another eight years, I’ll be a professor somewhere.”

Congratulations to another fine young man doing great things!

*why is this thread not sticked? :what:

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[quote="Geoffrey_Chaucer, post: 5047466, member: 274"
*why is this thread not sticked? :what:[/quote]

Yo mods stop being c00ns and sticky this permanently:beli:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Stephen entered Morehouse College at the age of 11 and picked up three majors. Now 16, he is currently studying computer science and mathematics. He will likely graduate at 17.

Stephen-R.-Stafford-II.jpg

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The Imafidon family is known as the smartest family in the U.K. The youngest siblings, Peter and Paula, made history by becoming the youngest students to enroll in secondary school. Their older sister, Anne-Marie, was the youngest student to pass A-level computing at the age of 13.
Imafidon-family.jpg

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Raised by a single father, Autum was ridiculed by highly regarded conservatives at the age of 7 for writing a poem that highlighted the travesty of slavery. Autum never wavered and mastered languages such as Arabic, Swahili and Spanish. She scored 149 on the standard IQ test. At age 13, she was accepted into the University of Connecticut.
Autum-Ashante.jpg

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Not taking full credit...

Learned of these kids from The Bay's black newspaper...

Last edited:

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL