Essential The Big Thread of Black Excellence

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
althea-Gibson.jpg

0849623.jpg

althea10.jpg

Althea Gibson - 1st Black to win the French Open and Wimbledon, and to compete on the women's golf tour

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You ol "crabs in a bucket" ass nikka. :smh:

How am I crab in the barrel breh. Your nephew is 13 years old doing good in school at grade level. You want a reward for that :what:? The thread is called black excellence, not black mediocrity. You shouldn't be proud of how average he is. Leave that to the cacs :nonikkas:

The child prodigy kid is going to be a doctor before he turns 16. That's black excellence :jawalrus:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus Christ, PLEASE don't ever have kids.

Son: "Hey, dad I got my PhD! :bryan::blessed:"

You: "So? This kid is gonna be a doctor at age 13. You want a cookie for your mediocrity? :ufdup:"

Son: ":sadcam:"

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fredrick D. Scott Starts Investment Firm For African American Institutions

I kinda wanna salute dude, because he wants to "will invest in and acquire minority-focused financial and banking institutions." And I think it's a great idea, but he looks shady as fukk lol. Then reading his LinkedIn page, I come across this:

Scott launched his career in finance and real estate in 2006 as a senior loan officer at Innovative Mortgage Capital, where he negotiated, packaged, and sold over 10 million dollars’ worth of A, Alt A, and Subprime mortgages for both residential and commercial clients."

Them mortgages fukked a lot of people up. Then he seems to bounce around from company to company, either working for one or starting one. Like no stability....looks a little suspect.

FredrickScott-0621-336x224.jpg

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
No idea if this was posted already, but:

Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Charlotte_Esther_Denner_1761.jpg

Queen_Charlotte_by_studio_of_Allan_Ramsay.jpg

Hold on, you might be saying. Britain has had a black queen? Did I miss something? Surely Helen Mirren played Charlotte in the film The Madness of King George and she was, last time I looked, white? Yet the theory that Queen Charlotte may have been black, albeit sketchy, is nonetheless one that is gaining currency.

If you google Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, you'll quickly come across a historian called Mario de Valdes y Cocom. He argues that her features, as seen in royal portraits, were conspicuously African, and contends that they were noted by numerous contemporaries. He claims that the queen, though German, was directly descended from a black branch of the Portuguese royal family, related to Margarita de Castro e Souza, a 15th-century Portuguese noblewoman nine generations removed, whose ancestry she traces from the 13th-century ruler Alfonso III and his lover Madragana, whom Valdes takes to have been a Moor and thus a black African[/U][/B].

It is a great "what if" of history. "If she was black," says the historian Kate Williams, "this raises a lot of important suggestions about not only our royal family but those of most of Europe, considering that Queen Victoria's descendants are spread across most of the royal families of Europe and beyond. If we class Charlotte as black, then ergo Queen Victoria and our entire royal family, [down] to Prince Harry, are also black... a very interesting concept."

Stuart Jeffries: Was the consort of George III Britain's first black queen? | World news | The Guardian

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
"Noble" Moors depicted in old European paintings

379px-Pietro_Longhi_-_The_Letter_of_the_Moor_-_WGA13407.jpg

1340705760_queens-48.jpg

"The Black Prince"

artwork_images_94842_324686_juriaenvan-streeck.jpg

A painting called "The Moor" by Jurriaan van Streck

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
12YN4u.AuSt.79.jpeg

130430110256-kevin-krigger-1-single-image-cut.jpg

Goldencents04.4-6-13.SK__0.jpg

Kevin Krigger - Could become the first Black Jockey to win the Kentucky Derby since 1902