The best music endings in Anime...

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@MischievousMonkey monkey, it depends on whether the music is good or bad. Also great animation can save a OP or ED with bad music.

For example samurai champloo had hands down one of the best endings ever, purely for that smooth r&b track. Same could be said for tokyo ghoul's first opening because of how good unravel was compared to the generic trash other animes used as their song at the time.

Conversely, you gave good openings purely for animation like the early shippuden ones or the opening to kekkai sensen. Demon slayer's last season had some godly animation, and it carried over into the opening song as well.

With the exception of these types, i think most openings and closings should be skipped religiously. They are lame attempts at promoting unpopular artists by japanese record execs. For example, look at uverworld getting the stimulus package from blue exorcist or Eve getting a stimulus from jujutsu kaisen.:francis:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Taikutsu wa ikutsuka no fact itsuka mita kenshiki Kako o furikaeru actor and actress--I wouldn't MISS IT for the WORLD!

Get up! get up! Walking! No Sleeping!
Keep moving slowly!

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
@MischievousMonkey monkey, it depends on whether the music is good or bad. Also great animation can save a OP or ED with bad music.

For example samurai champloo had hands down one of the best endings ever, purely for that smooth r&b track. Same could be said for tokyo ghoul's first opening because of how good unravel was compared to the generic trash other animes used as their song at the time.

Conversely, you gave good openings purely for animation like the early shippuden ones or the opening to kekkai sensen. Demon slayer's last season had some godly animation, and it carried over into the opening song as well.

With the exception of these types, i think most openings and closings should be skipped religiously. They are lame attempts at promoting unpopular artists by japanese record execs. For example, look at uverworld getting the stimulus package from blue exorcist or Eve getting a stimulus from jujutsu kaisen.:francis:
Skipped religiously? :picard: I mean, I guess it depends. I think I don't often stumble on an opening or ending that is a complete miss, but that's probably due to the fact I don't consume that much anime, especially nowadays. If the music was altogether bad, like some Bleach openings I remember, then yeah, I'd just skip it. Most of what I watched hit the mark though.

And it seems to me like a good thing that unknown artists would get a shot at representing rather big anime with their music. It probably wouldn't happen in the West, and as a result openings/endings would end up being even more formulaic. I'm not sure the music would be able to showcase original facets of the anime it accompanies. But I guess you mean "unpopular" as literally disliked and not just unknown, and I'll admit I'm pretty much unaware of that :ohhh: They forcing artists down folks' throats?

I have yet to give Blue Exorcist a shot and Jujutsu Kaisen's manga pissed me off so there goes that :pachaha:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps

That Inuyasha one on page one is a classic too