The best music endings in Anime...

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Getting to know the online anime community, I was surprised to learn that a consequent segment of it skipped openings and endings :gucci:

To me, growing up, anime openings played the role of getting my brother and I hyped for the incoming episode on TV, and it was always an opportunity to fight for a minute playing off the characters' abilities. There was no skipping it since it was TV.

Meanwhile, the endings always had a bittersweet taste to them. They signaled the end of a 20 min adrenaline rush, having to leave the characters and a world where nothing else mattered until tomorrow. It was the cool down, the end of the ride. We would still watch it since it was a way to prolong the experience for some more instants before doing something else or having to do the homework :mjcry: A melancholic experience in essence and in content. It was also the occasion to watch artists go off and show novel facets of the characters or the show, bringing in a new spin or tone that would expand your appreciation of the anime, while enjoying talented japanese musicians...

All the openings and endings of my childhood and adolescence are still burnt into my memory :banderas: and every time I hear one of them, it takes me back to the moments when I enjoyed it... And to this day, I never skip an opening nor an ending. On the contrary, I often judge anime based off their openings and endings :ufdup:

Share yall favorite endings in this thread...

I gotta start off with Naruto :manny: just like with the openings, I contend that Naruto first gen has the best panel of endings ever. They're almost all heat.

The first one is such a classic. First ending of Naruto I heard, and it came right after the first episode of Naruto I saw, which was the death of Inari's father during Zabuza's arc.

Let me tell you, as a kid I was like ":dwillhuh: what is this show? It's sad as fukk". Not only the death of Inari's dad fukked me up, but the blurred yellow visuals of this little kid being alone completed the touch perfectly. It was one of the first time I felt a mood like this watching an anime, or anything really

This one is so fukking good :ohlawd: Used to study on it.

HEAT!

:banderas::banderas::banderas: reminds me of the old school Pokémon endings... Japanese got soul

Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 also went off. What they would do with the 2nd ending is play the first bit of the music before the episode ended. Which means that every time you heard the first notes hit you would go :damn: "naaah it's over!!" The 2nd and 3rd endings are sweet nectar for the ears :wow:

Even if I'm not a big fan of Brotherhood, I gotta admit the first ending, as well as the first opening, are gems.

The first ending of AoT is flames too, and very emotionally charged...

And you know the game they played mid-season with it :damn:

I'll throw a Shippuden in there... Even if I don't like it after Pain, this ending was tight. The fight, the colors, the song... Prototype. Why didn't we have more taijutsu-focused fights like that?!

Next post I'll talk about the straight piff that were the Pokémon season 1 endings... The entire soundtrack was crazy

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Who would have guessed that they would do a whole album for Pokémon... And that it would be fire lowkey? :dwillhuh:...
I don't know how they did it on your channels, but they would rotate the Pokémon endings with a different track of the soundtrack every episode on Fox Kids. So you always had something different. Caution, nostalgia below:

Of course, the Pokérap :mjgrin:

Lowkey was riding the instrumental there
:picard:

:leon:

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: These two used to hit me hard when I was like 6... Friendship man...

:wow::wow::wow: album of the decade

I guarantee you this song broke the hearts of many kids back in the day... They played it in the episode where Ash decided to separate from Pikachu because he found a family of Pikachu and was happier with them :mjcry:

They had a track where Misty revealed her romantic feeling for Ash :gucci::wow:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Asobi Asobase Ending - Inkya Impulse
Black Clover Ending 4 - Four
Black Clover Ending 5 - Tenjō Tenge
Black Clover Ending 6 - My Song My Days
Carole & Tuesday Ending 2 - Not Afraid
Cowboy Beebop Ending - The Real Folk Blues
Death Note Ending 1 - Alumina
Fairy Tail Ending 3 - Gomen ne, Watashi
Fairy Tail Ending 5 - Holy Shine
Fire Force Ending 1 - Veil
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ending 1 - Uso
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ending 4 - Shunkan Sentimental
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ending 5 - RAY OF LIGHT
Hunter X Hunter Ending 2 - HUNTING FOR YOUR DREAM
Hunter X Hunter Ending 5 - Hyori Ittai
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Ending 1 - A Little Adventurer
My Hero Academia Ending 1 - Heroes
My Hero Academia Ending 6 - Koukai no Uta
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! Ending 1 - Everyday World
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Ending 1 - Fukashigi no Karte
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Ending 1 - STYX HELIX
Samurai Champloo Ending 1 - Shiki no Uta
Samurai Champloo Ending 2 - Who's Theme
Samurai Champloo Ending 3 - You

Some of the 1s I fw heavy

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps