the arts thread

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I thought it would be cool if there was a thread for those of us who are interested in the arts to post anything related, like an artist or genre you're into, work in progresses, finished pieces, music you made, ideas for works, things like that

I've been thinking about Takato Yamamoto's art a lot recently. His work really influenced me as an artist since 2009. Revisiting his art though, it irks me how well he captures everything I want to. The detail, the way he can make gruesome and disgusting things beautiful, the subtle eroticism. His craftsmanship is amazing as well. I know all I can do is practice, but it still seems like an impossible thing to get on that level.

His work:
PA_takato20.jpg

14527434396_32de83b294_b.jpg

tumblr_n2ej9x5ZMZ1s5u2cno1_500.jpg

tumblr_lc8w9pwC6c1qam59qo1_r1_1280.jpg

takato-yamamoto5.jpg

3g.jpg

takato2.jpeg

I also have been thinking about art installations, but I don't think I have the skills to craft one. I saw some at the Hishhorn gallery and I'm slowly falling in love with them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it would be cool if there was a thread for those of us who are interested in the arts to post anything related, like an artist or genre you're into, work in progresses, finished pieces, music you made, ideas for works, things like that

I've been thinking about Takato Yamamoto's art a lot recently. His work really influenced me as an artist since 2009. Revisiting his art though, it irks me how well he captures everything I want to. The detail, the way he can make gruesome and disgusting things beautiful, the subtle eroticism. His craftsmanship is amazing as well. I know all I can do is practice, but it still seems like an impossible thing to get on that level.

His work:
PA_takato20.jpg

14527434396_32de83b294_b.jpg

tumblr_n2ej9x5ZMZ1s5u2cno1_500.jpg

tumblr_lc8w9pwC6c1qam59qo1_r1_1280.jpg

takato-yamamoto5.jpg

3g.jpg

takato2.jpeg

I also have been thinking about art installations, but I don't think I have the skills to craft one. I saw some at the Hishhorn gallery and I'm slowly falling in love with them.

Useless.:smh:
Not sure if I should post some of my stuff:patrice:

That artwork by Takato Yamamoto is pretty awe-inspiring, very surreal and evocative. If you guys have some work, post it! Maybe we can use this thread to share our works and some critiques to help us get better too.
But then again I don't know if I want to share some of my stuff either :patrice:
As for some stuff I like:

By Sergey Kolesov:

sergey-kolesov-gnarls2.jpg
sergey-kolesov-bonito.jpg

Not just very good renderings, but I like the color palette and these pieces also seem to be telling a story, like they're apart of something bigger.

Yoshytaka Amano:
ce7f533e77b4240b3bc3f8278a6ddfdc.jpg
amano3.jpg

Very expressive line work and brushstrokes. His art is definitely stoic and somber in tone, but also full of whimsy in terms of execution.

Last edited:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
That artwork by Takato Yamamoto is pretty awe-inspiring, very surreal and evocative. If you guys have some work, post it! Maybe we can use this thread to share our works and some critiques to help us get better too.
But then again I don't know if I want to share some of my stuff either :patrice:

By Sergey Kolesov:

Not just very good renderings, but I like the color palette and these pieces also seem to be telling a story, like they're apart of something bigger.

Yoshytaka Amano:
amano3.jpg

Very expressive line work and brushstrokes. His art definitely has a stoic and somber in tone, but also fully of whimsy in terms of execution.
Yeahhhh prob not gonna post mine:hamster:
Yeah Amano did some of the art for Final Fantasy. Also did Vampire Hunter D

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots

By Sergey Kolesov:

Yoshytaka Amano:
amano3.jpg

Very expressive line work and brushstrokes. His art is definitely stoic and somber in tone, but also fully of whimsy in terms of execution.
:damn: those guys are amazing!!!!
Since I don't want to be recognized for some stuff I did for school, I'll do something on my tablet so people open up more to the idea of posting theirs (even tho its embarrassing going first lol)

Sergey's anatomy is so strong and fluid and accurate :noah:
his palettes are well chosen and fresh as well :noah:
yoshi's forms are amazing
his art is like 'wow' when I just glance at it, but when I really sat down to look at every element, it was more like :damn: !!

Last edited: