The Afterparty (Apple TV Murder Mystery Comedy series, Tiffany Haddish, Dave Franco, Sam Richardson)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I did feel this episode was sort of a waste for the mind movie concept. Feng's shaved ice did look good though. Glad they are still featuring Edgar in flashbacks, because he's the funniest character on the show to me. His lizard coughing was a good bit.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the S2 finale. Felt they wrapped things up well and the reveal made sense :ehh:

Was nice seeing the reveal of

Tiffany Hadish directing the movie and the guest cameos of Keke Palmer, Jaleel White, Elijah Wood, and Gemma Chan

I do think the mind movies were stronger in S1 and if they come back for another season, might be smart to start with a brand new cast instead of coming up with a reason why Aniq/Zoe would be involved.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this show doesn't have any more steam, imo, but i will still get excited when they announce the next cast.

they'll probably just have a death on set of the movie. everyone is already there. give Jaleel a season of tv. you start from right there and you could easily just keep Aniq and Zoey around. they can probably rope in one of the other characters somehow too. Travis running a subreddit or some shyt.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this show doesn't have any more steam, imo, but i will still get excited when they announce the next cast.

they'll probably just have a death on set of the movie. everyone is already there. give Jaleel a season of tv. you start from right there and you could easily just keep Aniq and Zoey around. they can probably rope in one of the other characters somehow too. Travis running a subreddit or some shyt.
Yeah, the 2nd season was :ld: to me.

I told my girl a murder would probably happen on the movie set.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I’m binging season 2.

I the Danner ep just because I can’t stand Haddish.

The Ulysses ep and Hannah are the best so far

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So I did guess the murder right but for the wrong reason.

The premise was stronger in season 1 simple because it allowed for a wider type of weird characters.

Probably should do a police retirement party If there’s a season 3

Daps
Just watched the final episode and I liked it.

Overall I thought the previous season was better because I did found some episodes boring when it was centered around a character I found annoying or didn’t like their esthetic theme/mind-movie. For example Grace and the Jane Austen/victorian era vibe, Travis and his noir conspiracy theories, and Isabel and her 60’s drunken ramblings.

Props to John Cho always liked his acting and really good performance by Ken Jeong who managed to play a touching father a change from his usual comedic roles.

Would love a season 3 but don’t know how they can keep it going.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I fukkED WITH BOTH SEASONS.

IM GLAD THEY WERE COMPLETELY
DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER

:devil:
:evil:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
ran its course. cool concept. one of those shows you're gonna forget about in a couple years then read some bullshyt listicle on the toilet called, "best short lived shows of the 2020s" and then you're gonna go, "ohhhhh shyt, i remember that. that was pretty good." then wipe and go about your life