The Afterparty (Apple TV Murder Mystery Comedy series, Tiffany Haddish, Dave Franco, Sam Richardson)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Never realized Ilana Glazer got them thangs
:ehh:

They trying real hard to frame Walt as the weirdo but i think the misdirect is that Xavier wasn’t the target. Pregnant Jennifer chick was and the husband did it cause both chicks are pregnant by him.

That could be a possible swerve :ohhh:

Must not have watched Broad City

giphy.gif

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched ep 5

The Chelsea/Xavier flashback played out how I expected.

Will say the actor who plays Walt is tall. Find it hard he would go unnoticed, even with a meek personality.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Brett snaking Chloe with that mixtape!:russ:

Yeah it’s gotta be Ned. Jennifer 2 was mad about Chelsea’s threesome affecting Ned so it makes sense they would have an affair behind Jennifer’s back. And I’m guessing her husband broke up with her because of the affair that’s why he’s not at the reunion.

Ned or Jen2 hated Chelsea and was the one sending the messages not to come. They used the same texting app for their affair.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I thought they nailed the cop aesthetic with the Tiffany Haddish episode. The revelation she had at the end of the episode :ohhh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
when i first heard about this i was under the assumption it was a movie. every episode has basically been worse than the previous one. at this point i don't think i give a shyt, but i guess i gotta watch the Haddish episode (why is she playing a detective?) and just finish it. Just gonna go ahead and say Yesper did it, but in the end, it could be anyone for all i care. better not be some copout.

also, put Sam Richardson in everything. love that dude.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They definitely stretched this out.

So it was the mistress of who killed the wife in the flashback. The husband wouldn’t need to steal a package off his own porch.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
i thought it was a mini series, but it got renewed for a second season

how they gonna end it? :ohhh:

From the article that says that Tiffany Haddish will be back, I suspect they will do a new case each season. Bring in a new cast of characters and maybe some different genres to play with. Or maybe even have some of the same people return playing different characters like AHS.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
didn't exactly care enough to break the case all down, but
i pegged who the killer was.

average show overall tbh. they're also moving forward with the worst character, imo. better load up the cast even more for season 2.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I liked the show and felt like the finale tied up the mystery well enough. The beginning of the episode with Zoe's daughter was cute.

The musical and action episodes stood out the most to me, in terms of the genre switches and feel they could do even more of that in S2.