the 50 best Hip hop albums of all time (as rated by all RYM users)

MINT

All Star
Daps
how come it was written never make these lists ?

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I cant even fukk with this. The backpacker sensibility is cool and all but theyre trying to rewrite history

I swear hipsters have been trying to invert the legacies of Liquid Swords and Cuban Linx for a minute...

Karamellion

Shucks It's Crazy
Daps
Reppin
Gizzy, Aotearoa
Dope list, like always there's some omissions (Me Against The World, I'd have Midnight Marauders in there too) but most of it is stuff I still listen to.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think some people are missing the point that this isn't a voted/made list. It's a list generated from the hundreds of thousands of user ratings from that website. So it's not a list by Hip Hop fans, it's a list by fans of all genres, people of all ages/ethnicities/sexes.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I think some people are missing the point that this isn't a voted/made list. It's a list generated from the hundreds of thousands of user ratings from that website. So it's not a list by Hip Hop fans, it's a list by fans of all genres, people of all ages/ethnicities/sexes.
Ya but its a very specific demographic that uses RYM

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'd say it's a pretty respectable list. as long as illmatic is in the top 3 i never really complain. i haven't listened to the kendrick lamar or kanye west album in god knows how long but none of them are going to be perfect. the cold vein is one of the very few albums that is claimed to be "classic" that i've never listened to. i'll check it out one of these days.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
i'd say it's a pretty respectable list. as long as illmatic is in the top 3 i never really complain. i haven't listened to the kendrick lamar or kanye west album in god knows how long but none of them are going to be perfect. the cold vein is one of the very few albums that is claimed to be "classic" that i've never listened to. i'll check it out one of these days.
Definitely respectable... I actually cant find a better list on the internet.

Still cant cosign this though cause I hate how backpackers try and rewrite history

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely respectable... I actually cant find a better list on the internet.

Still cant cosign this though cause I hate how backpackers try and rewrite history
yeah there's a few things i don't agree with like there not being a single 2pac album on the list, or amerikkkas most wanted not being included, but like we both agreed it's respectable at the least. def better than alot of the bullshiit lists i've seen posted on here.
i agree with there being too much backpacker diickriding too tho. fantastic vol 2 should've made it on there before donuts and entroducing is just way too high.