The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

yea I read it yesterday , I don't care anymore.The drawn out grievance killed any chances of trading him before the season started

most of those examples are realistically the returns I expect.

bryant is just like betts he wants to hit the market to get paid after the '21 season.the cubs options are get a comp pick,trade him before he's a fa or overpay his overrated ass.I want them to trade him before spring training '21, arenado would be an upgrade

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't even know at this point. It's been part of my life for so long that it all just fits. I like seeing pitchers try and figure out hitters. I like seeing 10 pitch at bats.

The best thing about baseball I think Earl Weaver summed up

tumblr_m2n5daXH3d1qdzskko1_400.jpg
This would be my answer. There's no clock so each team always has a chance.

To add onto this, I think Stugotz's "Magic At-Bat" idea is a good one. If a team is trailing in the 9th inning, they can send any one or three hitters up to the plate instead of the usual lineup even if they just hit in the 8th. That's the biggest problem with late inning baseball is the best players don't always decide it in those situations like they do in other sports.

How awesome would be it if someone like Acuna hit a three run bomb in the 8th to make it a two run game, then they got to come right back to the plate in the 9th?

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yankees team-mate Stanton, who tallied 59 homers for the Miami Marlins in 2017 before moving to New York the following year, weighed in on Wednesday.

"If knew what was coming in '17, I probably would have hit 80-plus home runs," Stanton – the 2017 National League MVP – told reporters midweek.

:mjlol::lolbron: