The 2017 HBCU FOOTBALL THREAD

AceAge

Pro
Daps
I regret not going to an HBCU sometimes, I think it would have made a big difference in my social life. Those games look like so much fun.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
those Centrals players were so dejected.

...so apparently a&t is gonna go back to the Celebration bowl again, forgoing the playoffs. :ld:

I get that there's more money to be made in the Celebration bowl, but i really wish they'd try their hands in the playoff one year. :why:

All about money breh

The SWAC & Ivy League used to be the only conferences who didn’t send teams to the playoffs. I think the MEAC is about to say forget the playoffs too because they make way more money with the celebration bowl & they get to be on national TV. Teams lose money in the playoffs so the HBCUs said fukk that and they get a check from ESPN/Disney for the bowl game.

A HBCU playoffs would be dope. Tuskegee & WSSU could beat some of the D1 teams

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
All about money breh

The SWAC & Ivy League used to be the only conferences who didn’t send teams to the playoffs. I think the MEAC is about to say forget the playoffs too because they make way more money with the celebration bowl & they get to be on national TV. Teams lose money in the playoffs so the HBCUs said fukk that and they get a check from ESPN/Disney for the bowl game.

A HBCU playoffs would be dope. Tuskegee & WSSU could beat some of the D1 teams

yeah i hear you...just from a competitive standpoint I'd like to see it and I think it's good for football... Grambling is the only other FCS ranked HBCU and I know they're going to forgo the playoffs... secure the bag tho :manny:

yes ... i'm all in favor of an HBCU playoffs...and yeah WSSU has over past several years for the most part fielded times that could be the higher divison HBCUs...

I don't follow tuskeegee much but I hear they have a good program.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yeah i hear you...just from a competitive standpoint I'd like to see it and I think it's good for football... Grambling is the only other FCS ranked HBCU and I know they're going to forgo the playoffs... secure the bag tho :manny:

yes ... i'm all in favor of an HBCU playoffs...and yeah WSSU has over past several years for the most part fielded times that could be the higher divison HBCUs...

I don't follow tuskeegee much but I hear they have a good program.

Skegee is D2 in name only. They would compete for a MEAC or SWAC title every season.

They just beat Fort Valley yesterday for the SIAC championship.

The thing that piss me off if is it’s probably 40 minuets from Alabama State in the middle of fukkin nowhere with dirt roads and stuff, but they are able to recruit better than us and they beat us whenever we played each other. Idk what the coaches were doing to allow a D2 school in the country to recruit better than our D1 school in the state capital.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Skegee is D2 in name only. They would compete for a MEAC or SWAC title every season.

The thing that piss me off if is it’s probably 40 minuets from Alabama State in the middle of fukkin nowhere with dirt roads and stuff, but they are able to recruit better than us and they beat us whenever we played each other. Idk what the coaches were doing to allow a D2 school in the country to recruit better than our D1 school in the state capital.

yeah that's odd for sure.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tuskegee should be in the SWAC

Mississippi got 3 teams in the SWAC