The 2017 HBCU FOOTBALL THREAD

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Will Tuskeegee continue it's traditional dominace in the SIAC?
Not if Coach Ruffin got something to say about it :ufdup:

MilesFootball-2.jpg

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I feel like I got a connection to so many HBCU's doe :wow:

-Wife went to Clark
-Grandma was at Spelman
-Cousin at Morehouse
-One Grandfather taught at Morris Brown
-One Granddad was a Tuskegee Airman
-Fam at Fort Valley
-Cousin at Albany St
-Mom went to Alabama A&M
-Dad teaches at Miles
-Went to school in the Boro so s/o to my Aggies
-Cousin went to the real #HU
-Shoutout to NCCU @Motife43 :salute:
-Shoutout to Southern @SubZeroDegrees :salute:

I fukk with all my HBCU brehthren, let's get this thread poppin :blessed:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Any video of Caylin Newtons spring game? :leon:

No vid, but here's an article. Defense Prevails in Annual Spring Game

I taught at Grady (his HS down here) for a few months. You would think Cam Newton's brother and the star QB would have the big head, but breh is real humble and a hard worker. They had a TE who got a scholarship to Louisville..he can think Caylin for that.

Only thing going against him is his size and he bow legged as hell. I think he had a few surgeries to try and straighten his legs out. He should pan out good tho

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
The 2017 thread for all HBCU fans..lets get this thang started! Calling all MEAC, SWAC, SIAC, CIAA fans, students, alumni and supporters!

Can Grambling repeat as Black College Football National Champs?
2evqcfd.jpg

Will a team from outside the state of North Carolina represent the MEAC in the Celebration Bowl?

Will Savannah State pull a few upsets this season before heading back to division 2?

Although Tennessee State is not in a HBCU conference, can they show enough to the voters at the end of the season to gain share of the BCF Championship?

Will Tuskeegee continue it's traditional dominace in the SIAC?

Who will challenge Winston-Salem State in the CIAA?

Once games scheduled for TV are announced, I will add them.
Personally, I think Grambling will run away with the SWAC and the BCF championship. They return a lot of fire power, and Devante Kincade will continue to set records. I dont know who to predict out of the MEAC, but I hope FAMU can make some noise.

I want to see how Howard and Calyin Newton (Cam's little bro) will do this season. He was a 2-3 star QB here in Atlanta, and chose to attend Howard. He left high school early to enroll, and he did very well in their spring game a few weeks back. He will probably be the starter there.

Also keep an eye on Tennessee State. They are always strong, but because they only play a few HBCUs a year, many folks dont like crowning them champs. But to be honest, they are always one of the top 3 HBCUs each year. Treon Harris (transferr QB from Uni. of Florida) will likely be their starting QB this season.

A few images of the beauty of HBCU football

2hckbc7.jpg

vziz6a.jpg

3136ubt.jpg

Magic City Classic..60k inside the stadium, 50k outside tailgating :banderas:

2vmyrlx.jpg

SU's dance team :ohlawd:

1zmcn00.jpg

Fort Valley built a nice little stadium a few years ago.

2zxwi8g.jpg

34zzntz.jpg

@iLLaV3 @Big Boss @ReturnOfJudah @Human Torch @Schmoove @KyokushinKarateka @DaPresident @double0 @the kid @wire28 @newworldafro @King Jove @Bone$ @Bryan Danielson @No Sleep @SubZeroDegrees @CashmereEsquire @2Quik4UHoes @Wacky D @MostReal @Optimus Prime @Primetime21 @RammerJammer @Homeboy Runny-Ray @Seven1986 @hotbeezie @*DalMem* @NO-BadAzz @ice cold perm @Tee Little @The ADD @AVXL

Add me to the family breh:salute:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Southern welcomes South Carolina State - and a nationally televised audience - to Baton Rouge and A.W. Mumford Stadium on Sunday, Sept. 3. in the 11th installment of the ESPN Events sponsored game. The Jaguars hold the distinction of being the only SWAC school to win in the 10-year history of the challenge, claiming wins over Florida A&M in 2007 in Birmingham, Ala. and Delaware State in 2010 in Orlando.

The MEAC/SWAC Challenge features teams from two prominent Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) on the opening weekend of the college football season and is aired on an ESPN network. Prior to the 2016 game, the MEAC/SWAC Challenge originated as a neutral site game at historic Legion Field in Birmingham, Ala. before relocating to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando

who tryin put some coli cash on this

SU baby :youngsabo:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
In Austin Howard, Southern returns a three-year starter at quarterback who is coming off a career year. Howard threw for a career-high 30 touchdowns last season, giving him 62 TD passes in his three-year career.
Unlike on offense, the Jaguars return key players at every defensive position. Defensive end Aaron Tiller (nine sacks), linebacker Kentavious Preston (60 tackles) and Johnson are among the SWAC’s best at their positions.

another 8 win season is not out of the question